Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Matthew McConaughey floors fans as he and Jimmy Fallon 'rap' their way through his new book 'Just Because'

2023-10-03 19:57
Matthew McConaughey revealed how a dream led to his children's book 'Just Because' and why he never gets tired of his catchphrase, 'All right'
Matthew McConaughey floors fans as he and Jimmy Fallon 'rap' their way through his new book 'Just Because'

UVALDE, TEXAS: Days after his latest book ‘Just Because’ claimed the top spot on the New York Times bestseller list, Matthew McConaughey shared the extraordinary story of how the book manifested in a dream.

The 53-year-old Texan, originally from Uvalde, discussed his dream-inspired creation on NBC's 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'.

This appearance marked the actor's return to the show after a five-month hiatus due to the writers' strike.

What is 'Just Because' about?

‘Just Because’ is a children’s book that delves into the complexities of human nature, showcasing the contradictions inherent within ourselves and in our relationships with others.

"I never really thought about it. Look, this came to me in a little ditty of a dream one night, and I woke at 2.30 with this little, hook, you know."

"Just because they threw the dart don't mean that it's stuck. Just because I got skills, don't mean there is no luck," McConaughey rapped through the book with the host.

Host Jimmy Fallon asked McConaughey what his children thought and he said, “The kids dig it, I've got -- my daughter's very visual, she loves the illustrations, which Renee Kurilla did, who's in the audience today.”

“My eldest and I have talked about similar scenarios that he's going through now in his teenage years. My youngest is still sort of holding out to tell me if he likes it or not, but that's just kind of his character," the actor said with a smile.

How many books has Matthew McConaughey written?

Matthew McConaughey wrote his first book, ‘Greenlights’, before ‘Just Because’.

‘Greenlights’ achieved significant success with 100 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, McConaughey admitted that writing a children's book was not initially part of his plan.

However, the unexpected inspiration from a dream led him down a new literary path.

During the interview, the actor sought Jimmy Fallon's validation by asking if they "did all right" with his book ‘Greenlights’.

Fallon, in response, playfully questioned whether McConaughey can still use that phrase, considering its iconic association with his first-ever movie character, David Wooderson, who uttered it many times.

McConaughey expressed his perpetual enjoyment of saying his famous catchphrase, "All right," from his debut movie, the 1993 classic ‘Dazed and Confused’.

Fans have taken to X to express their views on the show with one user saying, "I can definitely " rap" my head around that song #FallonTonight."

"Good Job. He will always be the “all right, all right, all right” dude to me!" someone wrote while another demanded, "I want more kid theater!!!!!"

Tags news