Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Voice' Season 24: Who is Deejay Young? Niall Horan slammed for rejecting Independent Music Award winner

2023-09-26 09:50
'The Voice' Season 24 judge Niall Horan claims 'I have a particular type of voice that I lean toward' as he refuses Deejay Young
'The Voice' Season 24: Who is Deejay Young? Niall Horan slammed for rejecting Independent Music Award winner

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'The Voice' Season 24 singer Deejay Young is 33 years old. He was born and raised in Tampa, Florida, but he now lives in Orlando.

Deejay is a 4 time Independent Music Award Winner. Before appearing on 'The Voice' he just got off with a tour from Hamilton. Indeed, Deejay is a well-established singer with a huge fan base on social media.

After his Hamilton tour, he wrote on Instagram, "I never thought when I first saw @hamiltonmusical in 2017, that I’d audition in the Spring of ‘19 & join the First National Tour that Summer as a Principal Standby, covering 5/7 male principal roles in the show. The challenge was beyond my wildest dreams of capability, but I was in such great care, surrounded by a wealth of knowledge & talent."

Besides being a good singer, Deejay is also an "actor, artist, and creative."

'The Voice' Season 24: Deejay Young performance gets three chair turn

Deejay sang 'This Woman's Work' in the audition round of the show. As he sang his first line, Gwen Stefani claimed, "That's pretty.'

John Legend became the 1st judge to turn around the chair for Deejay. They followed Gwen and Reba Mc Entire. However, Niall Horan chose to not turn his chair around.

Seeing Deejay turn 3 chair around, a fan commented, "He has so much talent, range, and fantastic stage presence!" Another claimed, "That performance was compelling me to just come and run and watch because we do it it is so difficult to sing that song but he killed it congrats DJ Young!"

A fan tweeted, "Just chills." Another called him to be, "He is a great singer." "Amen to a soulful performance," claimed another. "When This contestant sing ''This Woman Work'' By @_MAXWELL_ During His first blind audition of #TheVoice Tonight Wow I thought He did such A great & Amazing Job, I like His falsetto, His voice reminded me of @PrnLegacy, First guy I put on My team app!!!" one praised Deejay.

'The Voice' Season 24: Niall Horan claims 'I have particular type of voice' as he refuses to turn chair for Deejay Young

Niall started by praising Deejay, saying, "Deejay, that was like undeniably insane." John went on to slam the judge by interrupting him, "Yet, you did not turn."

John went on to slam Niall, claiming, "I'm beginning to question your taste." Niall says in his defense, "I have a particular type of voice that I lean toward."

He went on to praise Deejay claiming what he did for the first 90 seconds was "insane."

'The Voice' Season 24: Deejay Young joins Team John Legend

John praises Deejay, "You have this beautiful ability of combining this masculine and feminine in a song." He went on to claim that it's very hard to combine masculine and feminine voice in a live performance, however, Deejay left no stones unturned to make it possible.

He went on to claim, "The fact that you sing that so beautifully, you have it, and we just need to be here to help yu shine."

Despite being mesmerized by Gwen and Reba turning chair for him, Deejay went on to choose John.

He said, "I remember the first time I heard 'Get Lifted' album, it changed my life. So, I have to go with another legend, John."

'The Voice' Season 24 airs on Mondays at 8/7c on NBC.