Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fans thrash Michael Strahan and Will Reeves’ over viral DIY McDonald’s sundae hack on ‘GMA’, call it 'stupid and irrelevant'

2023-08-03 11:28
The hack consists of McDonald's vanilla cones smashed in a small container and topped with apple pie and cookie crumbs
Fans thrash Michael Strahan and Will Reeves’ over viral DIY McDonald’s sundae hack on ‘GMA’, call it 'stupid and irrelevant'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Good Morning America’ always has diverse segments to keep fans entertained and informed. Picking up on the latest news or trends, the producers of the show bring forth the best of all the quirky news out there. However, their recent attempt to wow the audience with a new viral hack didn’t go as planned.

‘GMA’ host Michael Strahan along with ABC News correspondent Will Reeves hosted a segment on the morning show trying the DIY McDonald’s Sundae Hack made viral by two moms on the internet. In a pre-taped part of the segment, Will was seen driving up to McDonald’s to buy ice cream and then trying his hand at making the sundae that has taken the internet by storm. However, when Will and Michael tasted the sundae on air, fans of the show weren’t entirely impressed with this ice cream hack.

McDonald’s Mash-Up Dessert Hack takes over the internet and ‘GMA’

When two best friends decided to do a take on McDonald’s traditional sundae, none of them would have thought that they would go viral. However, their recent recipe of putting the vanilla cones upside down in a small container, smashing them with spoons, and sprinkling them with apple pie and crumbled cookies is all the craze right now. And it turns out ‘GMA’ was paying attention as correspondent Will Reeves decided to replicate this method by himself. He ended up making this sundae in his car as he reported on this viral creation.

Later, circling back to the studio on live air, Will was next to Michael Strahan as the duo dipped in with spoons to try this masterful recipe. Both of them loved the sundae with Michael chiming in, “Well I like all of the ingredients separate too.” Will and Michael then used the fries to scoop the ice cream sundae and enjoyed the rest of it together. However, their ice cream tasting didn’t receive all the praise it should have from fans of the show.

‘I’m so sick of all these hacks’

Fans of ‘GMA’, who always look forward to rich segments on different topics, were completely disgusted by the contents of the segment. For them, it was a poor attempt to unnecessarily promote a viral trend that didn’t seem to hold any relevance or entertain them. They commented their views about the hack on GMA's Instagram. One frustrated fan wrote, “I hate when these major outlets give trash this type of attention,” while a second said, “Meanwhile the Europeans laugh at us.” A third wrote, “I did this all my life. Would’ve been famous had I had the internet sooner,” as a fourth declared, “I'm so sick of these so-called Hacks.” Another criticized the sundae, stating, “That doesn't look appetizing at all.” A sixth fan stated, "Proof that media can make something as stupid and irrelevant as this seems like a new idea stop it.”