Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who are Bill Murray's children? 'Ghostbusters' star proudly raised a boisterous clan of six boys

2023-06-09 21:28
Bill Murray has had the joy of raising six children, who have carved their own paths in different fields and have distinct personalities
Who are Bill Murray's children? 'Ghostbusters' star proudly raised a boisterous clan of six boys

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Bill Murray, who has been married twice before, is currently in the spotlight due to swirling rumors of a romantic involvement with iconic singer Kelis, who surpasses his age by threefold. The beloved 'Milkshake' singer, 43, has sought comfort in the presence of the 'Ghostbusters' star, 72, and they have been reportedly "getting close for a while."

As a father, Bill has a sizable family consisting of six children, all of whom are boys. His first wife, Margaret Kelly, whom he was married to from 1981 to 1996, gave him his two oldest sons, Homer, 41, and Luke, 38. With his second wife, Jennifer, Murray shares four more sons, Caleb 30, Jackson 27, Cooper 26, and Lincoln 19. However, after more than 10 years of marriage, Murray and Jennifer decided to part ways in 2008, before her untimely death. Let's take a closer look at Murray's children and their lives.

1. Homer Murray

Bill's eldest son, Homer Murray was born on March 3, 1982. Unlike his famous father, Homer has forged his own path and established a successful career as a chef and restaurateur in New York City. Together with his business partner Syd Silver, Homer transformed their former restaurant, River Styx, into a new dining establishment called '21 Greenpoint' in September 2016, as reported by Hollywood Life.

During the opening of '21 Greenpoint', the 'Groundhog Day' actor was present, even showcasing his bartending skills by pouring drinks behind the bar. Homer expressed his desire for people to have a fun and enjoyable experience at the restaurant, stating, "People can walk in; just be nice. What my dad lacks in experience, he makes up for in tequila."

This wasn't the only instance where Bill supported his son's venture. In May 2020, the father-son duo joined forces to participate in a 'Nacho Challenge', raising funds for the Restaurant Employees Relief Fund. The Food Network streamed the event on Facebook, and a photo of Murray and Homer together was shared on the 21 Greenpoint Instagram page.

A quote from the actor featured on the 21 Greenpoint website highlights Homer's ability to create a space where family, friends, and good food come together. He said, "Homer has taken the joy of the family to have a drink, have a meal, and have friends together in one place and made it his life's work."

2. Luke Murray

Luke Murray, the second son of Bill and Kelly, was born on April 1, 1985. Similar to his older brother Homer, Luke has pursued a career outside of the entertainment industry. Currently, he serves as an assistant coach for the men's basketball team at the University of Connecticut. On April 3, 2023, Luke played a role in helping the Huskies win the NCAA Men's Championship game, and Bill was present in the stands to support him.

Throughout the March Madness tournament, the proud father attended several of Luke's games and expressed his pride. Bill said, "I'm very proud of this boy, he's a wonderful kid and he's worked very hard." Luke has openly acknowledged the differences between himself and his father. In March 2017, he admitted that he doesn't possess the same comedic talents as his comedian father, but they both appreciate it that way. He said, "I think that's pretty clear early on. We're different people, and I think [Murray] probably likes it that way."

However, Luke humorously mentioned that he has "better fashion sense" than his dad, who used to attend his games wearing Ugg boots, purple shorts, and a fur vest.

In 2015, Bill chose to skip the Emmy Awards in order to attend Luke's wedding in Philadelphia to his now-wife Kara Cassidy despite winning the category of outstanding supporting actor. Luke and his wife have since become parents to three children, expanding the Murray family.

3. Caleb Murray

Following his divorce from Kelly, Murray tied the knot with Jennifer, a costume designer whom he met during the filming of 'Scrooged' in 1997. Together, they welcomed their first child, son Caleb 'Cal' Murray, on January 11, 1993. Bill's younger sons prefer to keep their lives private, and he rarely mentions them in media interviews.

In an insightful interview, the actor shared his profound parenting advice, "Don't let everything they throw at you consume you. Love them, but remember, you have the right to ignore them." Reflecting on his own upbringing, Bill desires the simple gift of "peace and quiet" from his sons, seeking their best versions and a home filled with thoughtfulness for others.

4. Jackson Murray

Bill's second son with Jennifer, Jackson Murray, maintains a mysterious persona, following in the footsteps of his private family. However, in 2016, he shared a heartwarming story about them, revealing how they introduced him to the music of Adele.

"I became a fan when I was driving my sons to school," he disclosed to Esquire. He added, "I had Adele on, and I glanced in the rearview mirror to see all three of my sons in the backseat singing along. I thought to myself, 'What had touched these guys?' So after dropping them off, I started singing Adele's songs myself."

5. Cooper Murray

Cooper Murray, the third child of Murray and Jennifer, ventured into acting, distinguishing himself from his siblings. With a small role in his father's film 'Moonrise Kingdom' Cooper showcased his talent. The father-son duo reunited in 2021, captivating audiences in the Farrelly brothers-directed TV series 'The Now.'

Murray emphasized in his candid 2012 Esquire interview that he never pressures his children to follow his comedic path, appreciating their unique attempts at humor. He debunked the notion of a standard, stating, "I think they feel like they have to be funny, that I've got some standard of humor that they have to come to."

6. Lincoln Murray

Murray and Jennifer's fourth and youngest child, Lincoln Murray, made a charming cameo during his father's 2012 Esquire interview. This young Cubs enthusiast interrupted the conversation to deliver breaking news as ge said, "Hey, Dad. Bryan LaHair hit a grand slam!" At just 10 years old, Lincoln showcased his love for the Chicago Cubs, undoubtedly influenced by his father's die-hard fandom. While Murray keeps his youngest son out of the spotlight, this delightful father-son exchange gave us a glimpse of their shared passion for the game.

Tags news epcelebs