Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Was Priscilla Presley worried about her daughter? Elvis Presley's ex-wife suspected that Lisa Marie was in trouble

2023-08-24 06:21
'I still can’t believe it. I don’t wish this on any mother,' said Priscilla Presley
Was Priscilla Presley worried about her daughter? Elvis Presley's ex-wife suspected that Lisa Marie was in trouble

CALABASAS, CALIFORNIA: Priscilla Presley, 78, continues to mourn her daughter Lisa Marie Presley's untimely death at the age of 54 in January.

She revealed to the Hollywood Reporter that she sensed something was wrong with her daughter before she died of a small bowel obstruction.

What happened before Lisa Marie's death?

The mother and daughter had attended the Golden Globe Awards together, where Baz Luhrmann’s 'Elvis' had three nominations.

The mother-daughter duo went to the Chateau Marmont to celebrate, but Lisa Marie felt unwell. “She says, ‘Mom, my stomach hurts really bad. We immediately got up and left,” Priscilla said.

She also remembered their last laugh, when she tripped on her high heels and Lisa Marie cracked up.

“I tripped a little bit because I had these high heels on, and she started laughing so hard. I started laughing. We hadn’t even had a drink yet. She goes, ‘Oh my God, Mom, you can’t even have a drink.’ … It was fun, a fun memory,” Priscilla said.

Who informed Priscilla about Lisa Marie's death?

Two days later, Lisa Marie the only daughter of Elvis Presley suffered a cardiac arrest at her home and was rushed to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

The cause of death was later determined to be a small bowel obstruction, a rare complication of weight-loss surgery that she had undergone years ago.

Priscilla was devastated by the news, which she received from Lisa Marie’s ex-husband Danny Keough. He called her to answer something was wrong with Lisa, “I still can’t believe it. I don’t wish this on any mother,” she said.

She wanted to immediately go to her, “I got right in the car, but she was already gone.”

Is there a feud between Priscilla and Riley Keough?

Priscilla also spoke about the rumors of a feud with her granddaughter Riley Keough, 34, over Lisa Marie’s estate.

Priscilla had filed a suit in January to challenge Lisa Marie’s will, which she claimed was forged. In May, Riley was named the sole trustee of Lisa Marie’s property.

Priscilla denied any bad blood between them and said they were on good terms. “That was all publicity,” she said. “We understand what needs to be done. I’m there for her. She knows that. She wants me there for her to help her.”

Lisa Marie Presley was the only child of Elvis Presley and Priscilla Presley, born in 1968. She was a musician who released three albums in her career.

She was also famous for her four marriages, to Keough, Michael Jackson, Nicolas Cage, and Michael Lockwood.

Tags news