Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Britney Spears biopic: Internet predicts singer's obvious choice between Brad Pitt and Reese Witherspoon in battle for rights

2023-11-15 14:23
After the successful debut of Britney's memoir, rumors about a potential screen adaptation of 'The Woman in Me' have surfaced
Britney Spears biopic: Internet predicts singer's obvious choice between Brad Pitt and Reese Witherspoon in battle for rights

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Top producers, including Brad Pitt and Reese Witherspoon, are gunning for the rights to produce the screen adaptation of the biopic of Britney Spears, leading the internet to speculate the ultimate winner.

Amid widespread speculation online, numerous fans speculated that Brad Pitt might be Spears's preferred choice due to her well-known admiration for the 'Troy' actor as her celebrity crush.

However, it did not hold the fans back from pleading with Spears to give the rights to Witherspoon as many felt a woman producer would do justice to her story.

After the successful debut of the Grammy-winning singer's memoir on October 24, rumors about a potential screen adaptation of Spears's 'The Woman in Me' have surfaced, as reported by Page Six.

The sale of ‘The Woman in Me’ rocketed past the one million mark in the first week of the release. The remarkable feat earned the book the coveted top position on the New York Times bestseller list.

A source close to Spears opened up about the development of the project and said, “It’s only beginning to take shape,” per Page Six.

Ankler, who initially broke the news about multiple producers expressing interest in the project, also humorously remarked, "Oops... I did it again!"

The singer rescheduled a meeting with a prominent producer, citing a sudden change of plans, as she wasn't in the right mindset for it.

According to a source, the Grammy-winning singer is feeling "overwhelmed by the reaction" and the "media frenzy" surrounding the release and subsequent success of her book.

The source also mentioned that this overwhelming situation prompted her team to "postpone any significant decisions regarding the rights' destination until she has the chance to take a break."

It has been rumored that Margot Robbie has also expressed a desire to turn the memoir into a film or TV series.

'I hope whoever makes the film consults Britney'

The news of Britney Spears' biopic divided the internet. While the majority believe Pitt would be the pop star's first choice, most of them want the biopic to be produced by Witherspoon.

One of the fans clearly favored Witherspoon over Pitt and explained, "Give it to Reese, Pitt has his own abuse issues to contend with."

On the contrary, another individual expressed support for Pitt, stating, "You can't deny to Brad Pitt."

Another fan of Spears noted, "She mentions admiring Reese in her book so lmao Brad doesn't stand a chance."

"I would love Reese but Britney would LOSE IT if it’s Brad! She’s still so in love with him I’m sure she would be ecstatic about Reese but if you’re a real Britney fan you already know which one Britney wants," another fan compared the chances of the two stars.

Someone else pleaded, "Britney, stick with Reese, please!! Higher chances of her honoring you!!!"

"If that's Britney's decision she's gonna go to Brad, she loves him," concluded another fan of Spears.

One more fan added, "I hope it's Reese, after how Brad Pitt insulted Marilyn Monroe in the movie Blonde."

Another section of the fan base expressed diverse opinions on the matter. While some believed that a biopic shouldn't be made at all, others contemplated whether the biopic of the "Toxic" singer would be better handled by a female producer.

"I hope whoever makes the film consults Britney," said one of the social media users.

Another fan commented, "Am I the only one who thinks there shouldn’t be an adaptation? It feels like a disrespectful way to simply capitalize on her story when she's in a very vulnerable and open state. Just let her be."

Another fan chimed in, "I personally think and feel that Britney’s doco needs to be produced by women in the industry."

Why do Britney Spears's fans believe she would prefer Brad Pitt?

Britney Spears has never shied away from announcing her adoration for the 'Inglourious Basterds' star.

In a 2015 interview, Spears revealed that she was "starstruck" when she saw Brad Pitt at the Teen Choice Awards.

She said, "The most starstruck I was with was probably Brad Pitt. I saw him probably 10 years ago at the Teen Choice Awards," per Daily Mail.

In 2016, the singer said in another interview, "My first celebrity crush was Brad Pitt," per Elle UK.

Tags news