Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What happened to Al Roker? 'Today' weatherman begs for help as he sweats profusely on-air

2023-06-21 10:18
Given his health history, 'Today' host Al Roker caused alarm among viewers after he perspired profusely and begged for help
What happened to Al Roker? 'Today' weatherman begs for help as he sweats profusely on-air

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: NBC’s ‘Today’ weather anchor Al Roker raised concerns on June 20 after he begged a crew member to help him as he was sweating. In Tuesday's ‘Today’ segment, hosts Craig Melvin, Carson Daly, Jenna Bush Hager, Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb were debating about the battle over the thermostat in the office.

Hager went on to talk about the contrasting temperature preferences between men and women in the workplace, saying women usually feel cold while men are more comfortable or warm. At the same time, Roker who was getting ready for his segment while standing in front of the weather forecast screen was seen sweating profusely. He rolled up his sleeves and begged a crew member to help him. The crew member, Anthony, fanned him with a stack of paper.

What happened to Al Roker?

Given his health history, he caused alarm among viewers after he perspired profusely and begged for help. He was apparently feeling hot due to the burning temperature of the monitor behind him.

The camera panned back to the hosts who were still arguing about the topic as Roker could be heard in the background. He said, “You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to pop a window”. As he walked over to the window, he realized he can’t open it as it didn’t have a screen adding, “Hold on, just a sec. Oh, I can't. Oh, sorry. I can't pop a window”.

Meanwhile, the debate escalated among the hosts as they showcased female members of the control room donning hoodies and blankets. Roker then notified his co-hosts that the monitor behind him was "about 90 degrees," explaining his discomfort due to the heat.

Al Roker’s uncomfortable moment

Last week, on Thursday’s POPStart, Roker was joined by co-hosts Daly, Melvin, Guthrie, and Kotb. The hosts discussed several pop culture topics of the day, however, one of which was deemed overly risque by Roker, making him uncomfortable. He was stunned when his co-hosts discussed an NSFW topic on live TV after Daly exclaimed, “Ryan Reynolds. It's that time of year again, with Father's Day approaching. He's back with a new commercial for Aviation Gin. He's demonstrating how to mix the holiday cocktail that he calls The Vasectomy”. Ryan's drink recipe involves a glass filled with ice, along with one ounce of cranberry juice and three ounces of tonic. Despite the description, Roker burst into laughter, followed by audible chuckles from the other hosts. Daly concluded, “And this year, he is getting a little help from Jessie James Decker”.