Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘Breaking Amish’ Cast Then and Now: From Amish roots to lives beyond traditions

2023-12-02 18:57
Here's a sneak peek into what the ‘Breaking Amish’ cast is upto now
‘Breaking Amish’ Cast Then and Now: From Amish roots to lives beyond traditions

‘Breaking Amish’ Cast: Where are they now?

'Breaking Amish', the reality TV series that first aired in 2012, captivated audiences with its unprecedented glimpse into the lives of young men and women who chose to leave their traditional Amish and Mennonite communities. Now, years after the cameras stopped rolling, let's take a look at how some of the key cast members have fared in their lives after distancing themselves from the traditional ways.

Kate Stoltzfus

'Breaking Amish' introduced viewers to Kate Stoltzfus, who aspired to pursue a career in modeling and explore life beyond the constraints of her Amish upbringing. Kate has successfully transitioned into a career as a fashion designer in New York City.

Abe Schmucker

Abe Schmucker, known for his starring role in the show as a young Amish man seeking a new life, has undergone significant changes. After marrying fellow cast member Rebecca Byler, now Schmucker, the couple has welcomed two daughters and established a life together.

Rebecca Byler-Schmucker

Rebecca, who departed from her Amish community to navigate life in the modern world, as depicted on the show, is a stay-at-home mom and regularly posts about her family on social media. On September 24, she shared a post with the caption, "I’m forever grateful I said “I do” to my husband! 11 years later and he’s still my favorite human being on earth!! I’m blessed beyond measure!!"

Jeremiah Raber

Jeremiah Raber's story was marked by personal struggles and the desire to break free from the constraints of Amish life. He had three children from a previous marriage that concluded the year prior to the premiere of 'Breaking Amish'. In 2016, Jeremiah married Carmela Raber, although the couple experienced a brief separation the following year. In April 2022, reports indicated that Carmela had filed a restraining order against Jeremiah. Presently, he resides in Ohio and sells Tupperware.

Mary Schmucker

Mary Schmucker, Abe's mother, made appearances on both 'Breaking Amish' and 'Return to Amish'. Despite Abe and Rebecca's departure from the spinoff, Mary, who has been battling cancer, seems to be in excellent health and high spirits. She frequently shares updates about her life on Instagram.

Sabrina Burkholder

Hailing from Puerto Rico, Sabrina, the sole Mennonite member of the original 'Breaking Amish' cast, faced a tumultuous journey post-show. Battling drug addiction, she encountered a life-altering experience with a near-fatal heroin overdose in 2018. Seeking recovery, she entered rehab and has successfully maintained sobriety since. Presently residing in Pennsylvania, Sabrina is a mother to two daughters, from a previous relationship. She also shares three children with her current boyfriend.

Rosanna Miller

Rosanna and her boyfriend, Johnny, are presently residing in a non-Amish setting, while raising their daughter, Clara Rose. Although the reality star envisions having more children down the line, she is not expected to pursue pregnancy for at least three years, as reported by Soap Dirt. Despite embracing a lifestyle outside the Amish community, the pair continue to visit family members who still live within the community.

Andrew Schmucker

After concluding his reality TV career, Andrew Schmucker now leads a relatively tranquil life in Sharon, Pennsylvania. On his personal Facebook page, he portrays himself as a "hardworking" individual, although specifics about his current occupation are not disclosed. Andrew exchanged vows with Chapel Peace Schmucker, a fellow 'Return to Amish' alum, on May 10, 2014.

Chapel Peace Schmucker

The relationship between Andrew and Chapel unfolded before fans on 'Return to Amish'. However, since departing from the show, Chapel has encountered legal troubles. These challenges ranged from charges related to heroin and meth possession to offenses like littering, driving an unregistered vehicle. Presently, Chapel sustains herself with various roles, working as a line cook at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, a cook and cashier at the local bar and grill Jai-Alai, and a shift supervisor at Denny's.

Tags news