Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who was Gianno Caldwell's brother? Fox analyst urges FBI to investigate brother Christian's murder a year after shooting

2023-06-25 18:47
Gianno Caldwell's brother Christian was shot on a street in the south side of Chicago in what appeared to be a random attack last June
Who was Gianno Caldwell's brother? Fox analyst urges FBI to investigate brother Christian's murder a year after shooting

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS: Fox News analyst Gianno Caldwell is urging the FBI to investigate the murder of his brother, Christian, after expressing dissatisfaction with the handling of the case by the Chicago Police Department. Last June, Christian, along with two others, was tragically shot on a street in the south side of Chicago in what appeared to be a random attack. Caldwell criticized the Chicago Police's handling of the investigation, particularly after the arrest of a suspect, stating that they had let his family down. As a result, he believes that the FBI should take over.

"Today marks one year since the murder of my innocent baby brother Christian, and I am calling on the FBI to take over this investigation," Caldwell told Fox News. "Like many others, I do not trust my hometown’s county prosecutor, Kim Foxx, to properly prosecute, or the Chicago Police Department, which has had ample opportunity to solve this case, including with recent evidence."

Who was Gianno Caldwell's brother?

Gianno Caldwell's brother, Christian, was 18 when he was tragically killed in a random shooting incident in the south side of Chicago. He was rushed to Christ Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries. The shooter fled the scene in a black sedan, according to the police.

Caldwell, one of nine siblings, was raised by their grandmother due to their mother's addiction to crack cocaine. He described their childhood as being in a state of extreme poverty. Christian, the youngest among them, had a passion for sports and traveling, as shared by Caldwell following his brother's death in June, 2022. "I was like his dad because he never knew his father," he explained at the time. "So my three youngest little brothers, I considered — they were my kids. Those are my sons, so I took care of them. I financially supported them and still do my family."

'The Chicago Police Department has failed my family'

"I've received, just this year in March, a call from the Chicago Police Department telling me that there was an arrest, an unrelated case of an individual who they believe with a high likelihood to be involved in the murder of my baby brother, Christian, to be one of the shooters," Caldwell said recently, as per Daily Mail. "That same police department also told me that the FBI is investigating this individual, and he's in federal custody, something that I can applaud and appreciate."

"However," Caldwell explained, "the Chicago Police Department has failed my family since then. They absolutely failed us. The detective on the case is not responding to my calls, my text messages and today, I want to use this opportunity and this platform to call for the FBI to fully take over the investigation of my brother's murder." Caldwell expressed the challenges his family has faced and conveyed his deep disappointment with the Chicago Police Department, stating that they have consistently failed numerous families.

Caldwell mentioned being in discussions with a congressman to urge the FBI's involvement in the investigation and to advocate for victims nationwide. "I've reached out to the FBI personally multiple times, have not heard anything back from them. So, I want to request for the FBI field office in Chicago, whoever is there, call me. You have my number in your system. If you're in the FBI headquarters in Washington, DC, call me. You have my number in your system," he pleaded.

Tags news