Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fans 'heartbroken' as Britney Spears reveals she gave up 'freedom' in order to spend time with sons during her conservatorship

2023-10-21 21:51
Following Britney Spears' public breakdown in 2008, her father, Jamie Spears got control over her personal and financial affairs through a court order
Fans 'heartbroken' as Britney Spears reveals she gave up 'freedom' in order to spend time with sons during her conservatorship

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In her upcoming memoir 'The Woman in Me,' Britney Spears said she exchanged her "freedom" to see her sons and nap with them during the 13-year controversial conservatorship, as per the Daily Mail.

The 41-year-old pop icon has made several shocking revelations in the past few days in the wake of the release of her highly anticipated memoir 'The Woman in Me' that will hit the stores on October 24.

Britney Spears went along with the conservatorship terms to have access to her sons

Following Britney Spears' public breakdown in 2008, her father, Jamie Spears, and his lawyers got control over her personal and financial affairs through a court order for several years before her involuntary conservatorship ended in November 2021.

In her soon-to-be-released memoir, the "Princess of Pop" reveals the hardships she went through to spend time with her sons Sean Preston, 18, and Jayden James, 17.

"After being held down on a gurney, I knew they could restrain my body any time they wanted to," writes the pop star, adding, "And so I went along with it."

Britney continues, "My freedom in exchange for naps with my children — it was a trade I was willing to make."

In 2008, her ex-husband and the father of her sons, Kevin Federline, got their legal and physical custody after the divorce.

Britney Spears said being a mother was her 'dream'

Britney Spears stated that the 13 years spent under her father's control was the darkest period of her life.

She says, "Thirteen years went by with me feeling like a shadow of myself. I think back now on my father and his associates having control over my body and my money for that long and it makes me feel sick."

The singer also wrote, "Starting a family was my dream come true. Being a mom was my dream come true,"

Britney Spears fans are 'heartbroken' over the singer's revelations

"Britney Army'" is devastated by the bombshell sneak peeks from the singer's upcoming memoir and they were especially taken aback when the effect of the conservatorship on Britney Spears' relationship with her sons came forward.

One user said, "this is so sad, i hope she finds true happiness, she deserves it," while another wrote, "This is so sad ... and cruel."

"I hope her boys (eventually) actually understand what she went through to be with them," expressed a fan.

A person who related to Britney's hardships stated, "Sad thing is this happens in a lot of families. Happened to me too."

Another follower noted, "We always knew this, hopefully the world knows now. But I doubt they'd care."

"Heartbreaking. And I would've done the same thing," wrote one more, while a fan dubbed her the "Best mom ever."

Tags news