Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Ace Dubrow? ‘RHOC’ stars Heather and Terry Dubrow legally change 12-year-old transgender son’s name in court

2023-08-31 12:18
Terry and Heather Dubrow successfully changed the name of their 12-year-old transgender son in court as the judge approved the new birth certificate
Who is Ace Dubrow? ‘RHOC’ stars Heather and Terry Dubrow legally change 12-year-old transgender son’s name in court

ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA: Dr Terry and Heather Dubrow of 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' have petitioned the court to enable their 12-year-old transgender son to officially alter his name.

Heather and Terry filed a motion to alter the gender on their daughter's birth certificate in November 2022, according to court records acquired by Radar Online.

The reality star and the plastic surgeon requested that the child's name be changed from Collette Kennedy to Ace Dubrow and that a "decree recognizing the minor's gender" be issued.

During a hearing in Orange County Superior Court in January, a judge noted that there were no objections to the couple's petition. He approved their plea and ordered that their youngest kid receive a new birth certificate. In March, the Bravo celebrity disclosed that her kid had come out as transgender.

How many kids do 'RHOC' couple Dr Terry and Heather Dubrow have?

Heather may hold her 'RHOC' co-stars to high standards, but when it comes to her children, she's much more easygoing.

The reality star and her longtime husband, cosmetic surgeon and 'Botched' star Terry, have four children: Max Dubrow, Nick Dubrow, Kat Dubrow, and Ace Dubrow. The pair has documented much of their children's development on 'RHOC,' with many admirers, including Rihanna, complimenting Heather's open approach to parenting.

When did Ace Dubrow come out as transgender?

Heather and her husband Terry are honoring their youngest kid, who came out as transgender in March at the age of 12.

The 'RHOC' star paid respect to the pre-teen and announced his name—Ace—on March 4. "It's International Sons Day!" says the narrator. Heather sent a message on Instagram. "We love you, our youngest son, Ace."

"Our job as parents is to give our kids a safe and supportive environment so they can grow up as healthy, happy, confident, independent humans," the Bravo star said, including a photo of "ACE" scrawled on a beach. "Since Ace is a 12 year old child, with a long life ahead of him - we will let him tell his own story someday if he chooses to do so. All we can say is Ace, we love you so much and we are proud to be your parents. Your brother and sisters love and support you too."

Terry responded to a deluge of generally positive comments from followers, writing, "Thank you all for spreading the love."

When did Max Dubrow come out as bisexual?

Max, Heather's daughter, declared her bisexuality on Instagram on June 30, 2020. The 'RHOC' alum's daughter announced the news as Pride Month drew to a conclusion — and with her parents' support.

Max said on Instagram, wrapped in a rainbow flag, "I always knew I was bi, I just thought it was bipolar."

Both of her parents, including her father Terry, expressed their love and support on Instagram. "Love you, my baby [heart emojis]," Heather wrote. "Proud of you," Terry said. "You do the DNA so well."

Heather also posted the photo on her timeline with the remark, "I love you my beautiful, hilarious, amazing child! I am SO proud to be your Mother! [Rainbow flag emojis]."

When did Kat Dubrow come out as a lesbian?

Heather's daughter, Kat, acknowledged to PEOPLE in 2022 that she is a lesbian. In an interview released the same week, Kat and Heather discussed her coming out, with the 'RHOC' daughter revealing her story nearly two years after her elder sister, Max, came out as bisexual during Pride Month in 2020.

"We've got four kids, they are different genders, different sexualities, and all at interesting places in their lives, figuring out who they are and where they belong as humans," Heather told PEOPLE. Heather and her family hope that their experience might serve as a model for other families, saying, "I felt like our purpose is to keep those conversations going in other families."

Terry added to the publication, "Coming out with your sexuality is something that broadly affects a lot of different people. We just want people to realize it should be part of normal conversations."

Kat said that she came out to her family over a year ago and opened up on what it's like to be so open about it today. "I was really stressed out about it," she said. "But I'm really grateful that I have Max as an older sister, that she has already gone through all of this. Seeing my sister be so proud, and to see her be so comfortable with herself, it just makes me feel like I have nothing to worry about."

Heather also mentioned how Kat told her family about her sexual identity after she "had been talking about her sexuality for a while." "Kat decided to drop in our family group text, 'By the way, I'm a lesbian,'" Heather remembered. "I didn't see it, and I was mad because the dogs pooped in the house, so I wrote back, 'Who let the dogs poop in the house?' It was a total mom fail, and they've never let me forget that. All I cared about was creating an environment where they all felt safe, comfortable, happy."