Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fans hail ‘Today’ host Jill Martin as she reflects on her breast cancer journey by ringing ‘chemo bell’

2023-11-24 15:58
Jill Martin underwent a double mastectomy before commencing intensive chemotherapy
Fans hail ‘Today’ host Jill Martin as she reflects on her breast cancer journey by ringing ‘chemo bell’

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: On Thanksgiving Day, ‘Today’ host Jill Martin rang the chemo bell to successfully close one of the chapters in her breast cancer journey.

Following a stage 2 breast cancer diagnosis earlier this year, Martin underwent a double mastectomy and the removal of 17 lymph nodes before commencing intensive chemotherapy.

Once the radiation treatment is completed, she is scheduled to undergo surgery to remove her ovaries and fallopian tubes as a preventive measure to reduce her risk of ovarian cancer.

Meanwhile, fans from all corners are applauding Martin’s extraordinary courage in the face of adversity.

‘Today’ Jill Martin reflects on her cancer journey on Thanksgiving Day

Jill Martin expressed her gratitude for how far she has come in her cancer journey.

She said, “I’m grateful that my body has allowed me to get through this. Cancer wants to take whatever you have — it wants to take your friendships, it wants to take your job, it wants to take your health, it wants to take your hair, it wants to take your family … it wants to take everything. And so you just have to sort of fight where you can, and keep what’s important to you.”

In a testament to her resilience, Martin expresses gratitude even towards chemotherapy, acknowledging its role in helping her overcome the challenges of her disease.

"You have to take happy moments and celebrate them when you get them. Part of my journey this Thanksgiving is thanking chemo for helping me beat this disease," she said.

In an interview with ‘Today’, Martin opens up about the lessons she's gained from her experience with chemotherapy and shares the coping strategies that have enabled her to persevere through this difficult journey.

Jill Martin rings chemo bell

For Jill Martin, ringing the bell at the end of her chemotherapy isn't just a signal of closure; it's a poignant reminder that her journey is far from complete.

“I mean, I still have radiation, I still have another surgery, but the chemo … it’s tough. The ringing of the bell is a step.”

To her, the bell embodies more than a conclusion, it's a powerful symbol of hope and perseverance. Martin said, “It’s symbolic of my ability to fight. It’s symbolic of everyone else out there who is fighting and has a milestone to celebrate.”

Internet hails Jill Martin as a 'strong woman'

'Today' viewers are pouring out their love and prayers for Jill Martin as several fans praised the host for being an inspiration.

One person wrote, "Sending prayers Jill for you, positive vibes," and another added, "So truly happy for you. You are beyond an inspiration for all of us!"

One more Instagram user wrote, "You are such a strong woman and inspiration for so many," and another had a similar opinion, "Awe u made me cry u rang the bell@god bless u Jill an all the angels that helped u."

A fan simply wrote, "Hell yeah girl. mad mad love."

"You are a warrior Jill!!!," said another.

Tags news