Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

When is Matthew Perry's funeral? Fans await info as personal memorial springs up outside 'Friends' building in West Village

2023-10-31 18:57
Fans left dozens of flower bouquets and handwritten letters for Matthew Perry outside the 'Friends' building
When is Matthew Perry's funeral? Fans await info as personal memorial springs up outside 'Friends' building in West Village

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The date of Matthew Perry's funeral is yet to be announced. However, as per The Mirror, the Los Angeles County coroner allegedly released the actor's body to his family on the afternoon of October 29, so that they could make arrangements for his funeral.

As fans of the beloved 'Friends' star await more information about the funeral, several admirers came together to create a makeshift memorial for Perry outside the iconic 'Friends' building in West Village, New York City.

Perry was found "unresponsive" in a hot tub at his Pacific Palisades home on October 28, before being pronounced dead by officials who arrived at the scene. His cause of death was "deferred" but authorities said no foul play was suspected.

Fans create makeshift memorial for Matthew Perry outside 'Friends' building

As mass tributes for Perry continued to be paid online, hundreds of fans came together to honor the actor by creating a makeshift memorial just outside the iconic West Village building.

The location, instantly recognizable to fans of the popular sitcom, was used for the exterior shots of the apartment where Perry's character Chandler Bing lived alongside Joey, Monica and Rachel.

While the actual scenes of inside the apartment were filmed on the Warner Bros. backlot in Burbank, California, fans decided to pay their respects to Perry outside the iconic New York location on the corner of 90 Bedford Street and Grove Street.

According to USA Today, fans flocked to the scene of the memorial following Perry's death despite the rains and gloomy weather in New York City.

The street around the building was filled with mourners and fans of the 'Friends' star, who left dozens of flowers, bouquets and handwritten tributes in the form of notes and letters around a light post.

According to Daily Mail, some of the notes in the memorial read, "Friends was the answer and solution to my anxiety before I even had a word for that feeling," "Thank you for always making us laugh," "Friends is my comfort show, thanks for the laughs, you will be missed man!" and "You are so loved and will be missed for generations. Thank you for being our Friend," among others.

Social media filled with posts of Matthew Perry's makeshift memorial in NYC

In addition to the continuous stream of tributes, social media is also replete with posts sharing glimpses of the fan-made New York City memorial for Perry.

"In New York City, fans have been stopping by the iconic "Friends" building in the West Village and leaving flowers, and tributes were growing all over Manhattan," the official account of CBS Sunday Morning posted on X.

"New Yorkers have created a Memorial for Matthew Perry outside of the "Friends" apartment in the West Village, New York City. 90 Bedford St," one user wrote in the caption of a video showing the memorial site.

"If only he had known how much he was loved by us all," one fan wrote in response to the memorial. "I wonder if he knew hOw much he was loved," another added.

"Sweet. People coming together and honouring someone," another fan commented.

One user stated, "That's so lovely...nice NYC!...he was a good man..," while another said, "I’ll have to visit the memorial when I return to NYC."

Tags news