Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Sinead O'Connor experience short-lived marriages? Irish singer suffered from prolonged mental health issues

2023-07-27 04:25
Sinead O'Connor got married to music producer John Reynolds with whom she shared a son, Jake Reynolds
Why did Sinead O'Connor experience short-lived marriages? Irish singer suffered from prolonged mental health issues

DUBLIN, IRELAND: Sinead O'Connor died at the age of 56 last night, on July 25, confirmed by multiple media outlets. The celebrated musician was always in the limelight over her partners and was married four times. Her last marriage ended just after three weeks. The singer also suffered from prolonged mental health issues, which were reportedly the result of her childhood trauma. According to O'Connor, her mother physically and sexually abused her as a child.

The Irish performer was later kept in corrective school aged 15 after she got into a habit of stealing things. A Grianen Training Centre, in Dublin, where she spent time was touted to be a notorious Magdalene laundry for 'fallen women'. The mother-of-four children, also lost one of her sons, Shane, 17, in January 2022 after he managed to escape hospital while on a suicide watch and killed himself. Her last tweet was about Shane, “Been living as undead night creature since. He was the love of my life, the lamp of my soul.” She added, “We were one soul in two halves. He was the only person who ever loved me unconditionally. I am lost in the bardo without him.”

Why did Sinead O'Connor experience short-lived marriages?

Sinead O'Connor, who rose to fame with her cover of Prince’s 'Nothing Compares 2 U' in 1990, was married four times. Her most recent split was with her husband Barry Herridge, a therapist from Dublin, where the marriage ended after just three weeks. The duo tied the knot in a drive-through ceremony in Las Vegas.

She released a statement later that they are ending their relationship amicably, due to their marriage being "kyboshed by the behavior of certain people in my husband's life.” O'Connor further elaborated on her website the factors that contributed to their separation, "A bit of a wild ride I took us on looking for a bit of a smoke of weed for me wedding night as I don't drink. My husband was enormously wounded and very badly affected by that experience and also by the attitude of those close to him toward our marriage. "It became apparent to me that if he were to stay with me he would be losing too much to bear."

Sinead O’Connor's four marriages

In 1987, O’Connor got married to music producer John Reynolds with whom she shared a son, Jake Reynolds. After her divorce in 1991, she welcomed her second child, Roisin, with John Waters, a journalist. The singer married Nick Sommerlad, a British journalist in 2001 for the second time. Her third husband was Frank Bonadio, who is a businessman. O’Connor was also briefly married to her longtime friend, Steve Cooney, as per AmoMama.