Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

John Buresh fans robbed of franchise's first Asian Bachelor as Joey Graziadei announced 'The Bachelor' Season 28 lead

2023-08-22 13:46
Bachelor Nation fumes as fans express disappointment with new lead Joey Graziadei
John Buresh fans robbed of franchise's first Asian Bachelor as Joey Graziadei announced 'The Bachelor' Season 28 lead

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Joey Graziadei has found success on the court, but now he wants to find true love as the next Bachelor. Jesse Palmer said on 'The Bachelorette' finale on August 21 that Joey would assume the lead for 'The Bachelor' Season 28, which will debut in 2024, and fans are not happy.

If you're a fan of 'The Bachelor' or 'The Bachelorette', you'll know that the next lead is usually announced during the "After the Final Rose" segment following the season finale episode.

With Charity Lawson's journey coming to an end on ABC, many fans were hoping that John Buresh would be named as the next Bachelor. They longed to see him on their TVs yet again! They were, however, sad after the announcement.

Joey Graziadei announced as 'The Bachelor' Season 28 lead

In a decision that will come as no surprise to anybody who has followed this season of 'The Bachelorette', ABC revealed on Monday that season 20 runner-up Joey will be the next star of 'The Bachelor'.

The Hawaii-based tennis pro's "journey" to discover "love" came to an end on Monday's Bachelorette finale when Charity said she had found a "deeper" love with Dotun Olubeko, a 30-year-old integrative medicine expert from Brooklyn.

Despite the fact that he was devastated a few months ago, Joey claims that he is ready to find love again. "It's definitely surreal," the 27-year-old told host Jesse during the live finale's in-studio visit. "I'm just trying to stay present and enjoy it."

Though some viewers questioned Joey's genuineness this season — and even his uncle questioned if Joey was being his "most genuine self" with Charity — producers obviously believe that their new leading man is in it for the right reasons.

Bachelor Nation prefer John Buresh over Joey Graziadei in 'The Bachelor' Season 28

While John did not win Charity's heart on 'The Bachelorette', he did win the hearts of people everywhere, and there is no doubt that he deserves a second chance at love.

After quickly becoming a fan favorite this season, fans could not bear the thought of John departing the 'The Bachelor' brand but only to return with 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 9.

Given that the 27-year-old is single and eager to mingle following his breakup with Charity, followers flocked to Twitter to voice their displeasure with the recent announcement. One fan wrote, "I love Joey but honestly I wanted John B as the first Asian Bachelor since they didn’t choose Ethan from Gabby/Rachel’s season. At least he’ll be on BIP."

Another person chimed in, "Ok but i wanted John to be the next bachelor.." One fan argued, "I’m sorry, I’m so hung up on the fact that john was on the BIP promo. what do you mean the producers still won’t give us our first asian bachelor." One fan tweeted, "it should’ve been john but okay."

One person said, "So disappointed to see John B in bachelor in paradise. Another missed opportunity to have our first Asian Bachelor." Another wrote, "Joey should have been engaged. And then John should have been the first Asian Bachelor."

One person tweeted, "We’ve watched 20 seasons of these leads! Why didn’t y’all cast John B." Another viewer wrote, "I just wanna know what the bachelor producers have against asian people and why we can’t have our first asian bachelor."

Who is Joey Graziadei?

Joey Graziadei's ABC profile describes him as a tennis professional. Joey immediately realized that the corporate world was not for him and relocated to Hawaii to pursue his love of teaching his favorite sport, according to his bio.

Joey's LinkedIn profile, however, indicates that he also works as a "Lifestyle and Experience Ambassador" at Kukuiula Development Company in Koloa, Hawaii. He has been on the job since July 2022, introducing members to various activities at the Hawaii Club.

Who is John Buresh?

John Buresh is a data scientist in New York City, New York, and he brings both his wits and his attractiveness to the Bachelor Mansion this season. Despite his budding bond with Charity, the heartthrob was tragically sent home during episode 4, owing in part to the antics of season 20 villain Brayden Bowers.

John enjoys rereading the Harry Potter book, listening to Chelsea Cutler's music, and checking out new eateries in New York City when he isn't crunching figures. He's also been seen busting out a dance move or two, having learned all the newest TikTok dancing fads.

No premiere date has been set for Joey Graziadei's season of 'The Bachelor', though it will air in 2024.