Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Jenna Bush Hager interrupt Kelly Clarkson on live show? 'Today' host branded 'obnoxious' for rude behavior

2023-06-24 12:50
Jenna Bush Hager was joined by co-host Hoda Kotb as they interviewed Kelly Clarkson on 'Today' show
Why did Jenna Bush Hager interrupt Kelly Clarkson on live show? 'Today' host branded 'obnoxious' for rude behavior

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Today’ with Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager is a fun-filled morning show that allows for casual and off-beat conversations to flourish. Guests from various professions are invited for candid chats, providing viewers with insight into their lives, with entertainment being paramount. On the June 22 (Thursday) episode of 'Today with Hoda & Jenna,' singer and songwriter Kelly Clarkson was invited for a lively conversation with the hosts.

Kelly spoke about how staying in a relationship that simply isn't fixable can be detrimental to the well-being of your entire family. She also mentioned how reading Glennon Doyle's 'Untamed' played a significant role in helping her come to that realization. Furthermore, Kelly discussed her excitement about her writing role for Broadway, which caused Jenna to become so enthused that she impulsively interrupted Kelly mid-sentence. Fans took notice of Jenna's behavior and later criticized her for being rude.

Why did Jenna Bush Hager interrupt Kelly Clarkson?

During the episode, Jenna inquired about Kelly's involvement in a writing assignment for Broadway. The 41-year-old singer appeared highly enthusiastic about her project and shared, “Yes, I've been writing a show, but it was more, I could be in it, but it was more of like a behind-the-scenes kind of thing. I've been doing that for like a year and a half now, but I'm interested in that.”

Kelly then went on to explain, "I wanted to get established more in New York." Hoda began to talk, but Jenna instantly interrupted her, saying, "I'm pushing a lot on you, Kelly, but I love Broadway!" Kelly smiled graciously and continued speaking after Jenna, saying, "I love Broadway too, and writing for a show could happen one day." It was Jenna's enthusiasm for Broadway that prompted her to interrupt Kelly, but the fans watching the show didn't seem to like it at all, not one bit. A few fans drew attention to it in the comments section of the Instagram post. One said, "Why does Jenna need to be the loudest in the room?" while another commented, "Jenna, you're still interrupting, and why are you talking so loud?" making a third reply, "She's obnoxious as usual."

Jenna and Hoda discuss wearing shorts to work

Earlier in the episode, Hoda initiated a discussion about wearing shorts to work. She asked Jenna if it was appropriate, to which Jenna responded, "I think it depends on the material, right? I think if the shorts are somewhat dressier." Hoda agreed and inquired, "So, it doesn't depend on the length? Or is it just the material?" Jenna replied, "Both. I have a birthmark right here," pointing to her leg, "I believe you've seen it when you've caught me off-guard a couple of times. That's my length test."

Tags news