Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who are Travis Kelce's parents? Jason Kelce 'confirms' brother is dating Taylor Swift

2023-09-21 15:56
'I think things are going great and I think it's 100 percent true,' said Jason Kelce
Who are Travis Kelce's parents? Jason Kelce 'confirms' brother is dating Taylor Swift

KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI: Jason and Travis Kelce, whose parents are Ed and Donna Kelce, are both football stars and Super Bowl athletes.

Travis, who made news after his second Super Bowl win with the Kansas City Chiefs earlier this year, recently grabbed headlines after sparking dating rumors with Taylor Swift.

In the wake of the viral speculation, Travis' brother Jason has claimed that the rumors surrounding the pair are "true," according to the Daily Mail.

The Kansas City Chiefs tight end and the 'Midnights' creator were rumored to be dating after multiple alleged reports of the duo "quietly hanging out" emerged earlier this month.

What did Jason Kelce say about Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift dating rumors?

Jason recently appeared on the 'WIP Morning Show' and said that he believes the rumors of his brother, Travis, 33 dating Swift, also 33, are "100 percent true."

"I think things are going great and I think it's 100 percent true," the Philadelphia Eagles center mentioned.

However, Jason also clarified that he usually tries to avoid meddling in his younger brother's personal life.

"I don't really know a lot about what's happening in Travis's love life. You know, his business is his business and I try to stay out of that world," the 35-year-old shared.

This comes after Jason weighed in on Travis' dating rumors with Swift while speaking to Tory Gonzalez on Thursday Night Football after Eagles' victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

"I've seen these rumors. I can't comment on them," the football center said.

"Ever since 'Catching Kelce,' everybody's been infatuated with Travis' love life,' he mentioned in reference to Travis' 2016 reality dating show.

"So I don't really know what's going on there. I know Trav is having fun and we'll see what happens with whoever he ends up with," Jason added.

What is known about Ed and Donna Kelce?

Ed and Donna are proud parents to NFL stars Jason and Travis. The former reportedly grew up in Cleveland and had an immense love for football like his sons.

However, he felt the need to serve his country given his military family background, People reported. "Everybody in my family prior to me was in the service," Ed told his sons during an appearance on 'New Heights with Jason and Travis Kelce.'

"We're also talking about family [that] lived through World War II, so that's what everybody did because that was the background," he mentioned.

Unfortunately, Ed's application was rejected by the army due to his pre-existing knee injury. Although he enlisted for the Coast Guard. his dreams came to a standstill after being diagnosed with Crohn's disease during boot camp.

Ed reportedly changed his career path and went on to have immense success in the steel industry.

"I'd take them there — hard hat, safety glasses, boots, the whole nine yards," he told the Los Angeles Times while sharing how he occasionally took his sons to work so they could get an understanding of the work atmosphere in a mill.

"I'd tell them, 'You can have a job like your mother's, or you can have a job like mine,'" he recalled.

Similar to her now-ex husband, Donna, also hailed from Cleveland but moved out of the city with her family after her mother's death, People reported.

During an appearance on 'New Heights with Jason and Travis Kelce,' Donna revealed it was her stepmother, Mary, who helped her and her brother, Don, turn around their lives.

"By the grace of God, if we didn't have [Mary] I don't think we would have made it," she recalled.

Donna also revealed that her father was allegedly against women playing sports but her stepmother supported and encouraged the idea.

Donna reportedly competed and won at the Junior Olympics in track and field with the help and guidance of Mary.

"She's just a lovely lady. I feel so fortunate that I was raised by her," she said of her stepmother, who is known as Grandma Murr by Travis and Jason.

With the continued support of her stepmother, Donna became the first person in her family to graduate college.

After earning a degree from Ohio University, she went on to have a 30-year career in banking.

Donna also worked for Mastercard before settling moving on to work with local bank in Cleveland, where she specialized in commercial real estate finances, as per People.

How did Ed and Donna Kelce meet?

Ed reportedly met Donna while she was on her way to a date with another man. Donna skipped her date after stopping by Fagan's bar in Old Cleveland Flats and crossing paths with Ed, who visited the venue for an after-work drink.

"I was supposed to go out with a guy that night. We were supposed to go to a play, and I never made it. Your dad and I talked forever," Donna said at the 'New Heights with Jason and Travis Kelce' podcast.

"It was a good play, too! I really wanted to see it," she jokingly added.

Ed was purportedly shocked about winning over Donna. "I'm in coveralls that are covered in cement," he told their sons.

"We started talking and she gave me a ride home. She came in and I told her 'hold on, let me change,'" he remembered.

Ed revealed that he took Donna to another bar that same night. "It was meant to be. It's just the way it was," the latter quipped.

The pair reportedly tied the knot in the late 70s before welcoming Jason five years later. They also welcomed Travis less than two years after welcoming their first son.

Ed and Donna remained married for 25 years before parting ways after both their sons graduated from college.

"I don't hate him. We're friends to this day. We get along great," Donna told Jason and Travis on their podcast.

"We were like a tag team with you two. We got to do all sorts of fun things. When one of you had to go out of town, the other person would help with the other child. It was perfect," she added.

However, she also noted that "sometimes people move apart." When asked if she ever regrets marrying Ed, Donna told her sons, "No, never, because I got you two."

During their appearance on the 'Kelce' documentary, Ed and Donna revealed they stayed together as long as possible for the sake of their sons.

"If we had split as we probably both would have preferred, that would have been a nightmare with the logistics, getting kids where they had to be and providing all the support," Ed mentioned.

"Just trying to keep it all together when you’re being a parent. It’s tough," Donna added.

A look into Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift dating rumors

While Travis and Swift sparked dating rumors after alleged reports of the duo "quietly hanging out," he first mentioned the 'Anti-Hero' hitmaker when she went to Kansas City for the Eras tour.

During one episode of 'New Heights with Jason and Travis Kelce,' the latter revealed that he attempted to give Swift a friendship bracelet with his phone number on it.

"So, I was a little butthurt that I didn't get to hand her one of the bracelets I made for her," Travis shared.

"She doesn't meet anybody — or at least she didn't want to meet me. So, I took it personal," he added.

At the time, Jason joked that Swift refused to meet with Travis because of her fondness for the Eagles, who are referenced in the line "Eagles t-shirt hanging from the door" in her song 'Gold Rush' from 'Evermore.'

"Well, she probably just hasn't gotten over the Super Bowl yet. She's a big Eagles fan, so maybe she just made something up and just didn't wanna talk to you," he said.

Swift parted ways with longtime beau Joe Alwyn in April after six years of relationship. Shortly after, she sparked dating rumors with 1975 frontman Matty Healy but the rumors fizzled out by June.

Meanwhile, Travis was previously in a relationship influencer and broadcaster Kayla Nicole. Swift and Travis are yet to address the dating rumors themselves, at the time of writing.