Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Bachelorette' Season 20: Charity Lawson slams 'misogynistic' Nick Viall for his 'icky behavior'

2023-07-22 09:25
'The Bachelorette' Season 20 lead Charity Lawson accuses Nick Viall of 'bashing women for the sake of views'
'The Bachelorette' Season 20: Charity Lawson slams 'misogynistic' Nick Viall for his 'icky behavior'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Charity Lawson of 'The Bachelorette' Season 20 responds to Bachelor Nation alum Nick Viall's newest criticism of her journey. Charity criticizes Nick in cryptic terms for being "misogynistic," and fans couldn't agree more.

Charity roasted Nick in retaliation for his remarks about her. Nick is a former Bachelor franchise star who hosts his own podcast, 'The Viall Files,' where he gives relationship advice and reality show recaps. Nick has appeared on multiple occasions, although he is most recognized for his starring role on 'The Bachelor' Season 21. Given his connection to the program, his remarks on everything in Bachelor Nation are highly scrutinized. He is known for his fault-finding and oftentimes hypocritical judgments of reality TV personalities. Charity is making her second appearance in the franchise, and aside from a handful of dubious actions, she's very well-liked.

'Time we stop getting dating advice from unqualified TV personalities'

Nick's newest episode of 'The Viall Files' recapped 'The Bachelorette' episode 4. He was nicer to Charity in the prior analysis, but he came on strong for this one. "You are just spiraling, Charity. Charity loves a f*** boy," he observed after imitating her conversations from the episode. He also criticized her overall decisions, citing her extended makeout sessions with men with whom she does not appear to have significant emotional relationships. "It's the conversations that actually drive the relationships," he suggested. Although some of his comments were critical, he also stated that Charity demonstrates maturity and that he enjoys her season.

Charity responded to Nick's latest analysis of 'The Bachelorette' Season 20 with a harsh response. "Maybe it’s time we stop getting dating advice from unqualified TV personalities who like bashing women for the sake of views," Charity said on Threads.

'The Bachelorette' Season 20 lead went a step further by posting the conversation to her Instagram Story. Charity added, "Misogynistic men: now that’s icky behavior." She didn't mention Nick by name, but the context strongly suggests that this is a jab at Nick. Nick's podcast is about relationship advice; he recently criticized her and is a former reality TV star. Charity's reaction to Nick demonstrates that she is unwilling to tolerate needless criticism for her role as 'The Bachelorette' lead.

'Can Nick just go away?'

Soon after Charity called out Nick, fans of the franchise were quick to back their new lead. Reality TV guru Steve also tweeted, "Gotta love it. The hypocrisy from that man is becoming more laughable by the day. I’d say “do better,” but he doesn’t care. It’s his world, we’re all just lucky to live in it." Others joined in saying, "I never understood why that guy is so followed and listened to. He's never really been all that likable imo, why do so many people care about his opinion enough for him to have a semi successful podcast lol." Another fan added, "I had to stop following him…he makes me sick. #nickviallsucks." A fourth user tweeted, "Can Nick just go away? His 15 minutes is so overly extended!"

Others quipped, "Calling him a “tv personality” is extremely generous of her." One user questioned, "How is he even still “relevant”? I haven’t thought about that man in years and yet I knew immediately who this has to be referring to." Some noted, "You know it seems to be taking a long time but after all the criticism he releases on bachelor nation even though he was in the same or similar predicaments, I would say he's got a huge healing of humble pie coming his way. Karma has a way of doing that." Another person chimed in, "Ive never, ever, heard an interviewer talk so much about himself. I noticed that years ago and wondered why anybody listened and why nobody seemed to notice. Everything was about him. Now slightly better at letting ppl speak but his guest are literally listeners to his story."

One user called Nick, "He’s so many red flags all in one." Others said, "It’s about time leads start calling his ass out…"

Tags news