Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘GMA’ star Ginger Zee claps back at troll over 'demeaning' remark, fans say 'thank you for standing up'

2023-08-04 14:59
'GMA' meteorologist Ginger Zee claps back at an online troll who made a demeaning comment with an aim to put her down
‘GMA’ star Ginger Zee claps back at troll over 'demeaning' remark, fans say 'thank you for standing up'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Good Morning America’ meteorologist Ginger Zee has been the subject of hate and mockery by the trolls in recent times. This comes after the 42-year-old continues to voice her opinions on the deteriorating weather conditions across the US.

In one of her posts, Ginger once again spoke about the sweltering temperatures across the nation to which one troll mocked her by stating that it’s just “summer” but later followed it by calling the ‘GMA’ host, “sweetheart.” Zee who seemingly didn’t like the connotation in which the comment was made, fired back instantly with, “Don’t call women sweetheart. It’s demeaning.”

Ginger Zee claps back at troll over 'demeaning' remark

In one of her tweets, the ‘GMA’ meteorologist brought forth a fact and pointed out that some cities in the US had been feeling the heat the most. Ginger mentioned that temperatures have been soaring over the past few weeks in several places and will continue to worsen. But her apparent deduction about the change in weather conditions seemingly annoyed some viewers, who decided to troll Ginger. One user went forward to tweet at Ginger directly. They pointed out that "it's summer" and expecting hot temperatures is only usual, like every year.

She replied, “Mark, don’t call women sweetheart. It’s demeaning. And I know it’s summer. There are just some cities, like Dallas, that are breaking consecutive heat records. That’s worth noting. Which is what I did.” Soon after, the user realized his mistake and deleted his tweet, sensing more hostility and unwarranted response from the netizens. Ginger’s attempt to shoot down the negativity of an internet troll was appreciated by many fans who came forward with positive comments in support of her action.

‘Thank you for using your platform to stand up to men like this!’

When fans saw Ginger’s response to the troll, they immediately sprung to action to support their favorite ‘GMA’ host. One user wrote in support, “On behalf of my 5-year-old daughter who believes with all her heart that she can grow up to be anything in this world, thank you for using your platform to stand up to men like this!” while a second said, “Right on! And allow me to give you the flip side to that. Sometimes it feels a bit awkward when a strange woman calls you "hun." I suspect most mean no harm but it can feel weird.” A third said, “I applaud Ginger for standing in her truth” while a fourth mentioned, “I 100% agree. Keep up the great work you do. Thank you @Ginger_Zee.” Another complimented Ginger for handling the situation gracefully. “I don’t know why this makes me so angry. It’s a shame you have to tell a grown man what’s demeaning, but you do it with grace.”

Tags news