Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Alfonso Ribeiro OK? 'Dancing with the Stars' host suffers concussion after being hit in the head by a baseball at son's game

2023-09-23 03:47
'I was standing off to the side and I’m putting someone’s number in the phone and boom, a ball to the back of my head,' Alfonso Ribeiro said
Is Alfonso Ribeiro OK? 'Dancing with the Stars' host suffers concussion after being hit in the head by a baseball at son's game

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Alfonso Ribeiro has unfortunately suffered a concussion even though he was not on the field.

The 51-year-old 'Dancing With Stars' host disclosed the incident on Friday’s 'Live with Kelly and Mark' where he stated that he was struck in the head by a traveling ball while he attended his son's baseball game.

“I got concussed last week. I was standing off to the side and I’m putting someone’s number in the phone and boom, a ball to the back of my head. Right in the back,” said Ribeiro according to People.

The host shares daughter Ava Sue, four, and sons Anders Reyn, eight, and Alfonso "AJ" Lincoln, nine, with wife Angela and is also a dad to 20-year-old daughter Sienna from his former relationship.

Alfonso Ribeiro's state after suffering concussion

The 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' alum said that he immediately felt nonplussed and told Mark Consuelos and Kelly Ripa, “For like, three days I’m like, ‘Huh? Wha?’”

He joked about Angela's reaction, "My wife seems to think it was just me saying I didn’t want to do nothing at the house," he says, adding “It wasn’t that. It was a good hit.”

What is a concussion?

According to The Mayo Clinic, concussion is defined as “a traumatic brain injury that affects your brain function,” and that while it’s usually temporary, a concussion can cause headaches as well as “problems with concentration, memory, balance and coordination.”

The only treatment for concussion is said to be physical and mental rest.

Alfonso Ribeiro's daughter suffered a terrifying scooter accident earlier this year

Ribeiro's injury came to light after his four-year-old daughter, Ava Sue, suffered a terrible accident earlier this year when she fell off her sit-down scooter that caused her to have emergency surgery on her face and arms.

“I think it’s in our family that we just get hurt a lot,” Ribeiro said, sharing that Ava is “doing much better. She’s — I wouldn’t say fully healed — there’s still scarring, a little bit that’s going away. Luckily, her face scar is the least of all of it; Some scars [are] still on the arms.”

Ribeiro previously told Kelly and Mark that Ava “had basically road rash on her face and arm, and so they had to scalpel off all the skin."

But now, he says, "she’s no longer in pain. Emotionally, she’s great. She literally is a complete daredevil, has no fear. The minute it happened, she was like, ‘I want back on the scooter.”’

However, that did not happen as Ribeiro said he told Ava, “‘You’re not riding the scooter! You and the scooter are done!’”

Tags news epcelebs