Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan's heartfelt moment: 'JRE' host opens up about getting emotional for Rose Namajunas at UFC 261

2023-09-03 20:51
Joe Rogan shared his experience of interviewing UFC Women's Strawweight star Rose Namajunas after her UFC 261 fight with Weili Zhang
Joe Rogan's heartfelt moment: 'JRE' host opens up about getting emotional for Rose Namajunas at UFC 261

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Joe Rogan shared about an emotional moment he had while speaking with Rose Namajunas at UFC 261 on 'The Joe Rogan Experience' podcast.

Even though MMA has a reputation for being a violent sport, it occasionally provides touching moments that fans remember for years to come, like the one shared by the UFC color commentator, who mentioned Namajunas' astonishing head-kick KO victory over the reigning champion Weili Zhang.

Most significantly, the 'JRE' host shared that he shed tears during the fighter's tearful post-game interview for the match that took place in November 2021.

Joe Rogan discussed Rose Namajunas' incredible moment from her post-match interview

Joe Rogan discussed his emotional moment regarding Rose Namajunas with Carole Hooven, a biology professor at Harvard University, in an episode of 'The Joe Rogan Experience'.

Rogan remarked on the post-fight interview, saying, "When I’m talking to her, she’s emotional, she is crying and I cried. I totally cried, this is the first time I ever cried during an interview…"

He added, "It has nothing to do with tears, it has nothing to do with men beating each other up, it has nothing to do with brutishness. It has to do with high-level problem solving with dire physical consequences."

Rogan discussed the conversation with the iconic Mike Tyson in a similar manner, saying, "I mean, come on. How do you not love her? I mean, look at her crying like that."

When they watched the interview again, both men were brought to tears by Namajunas' emotional breakdown following the fight.

Rose Namajunas' UFC journey

Rose Namajunas' UFC career has, for the most part, been nothing short of amazing as despite her short stature she went on to become a two-time 115-pound champion.

While some believe she is too feminine and delicate to be a fighter, Namajunas has proven them wrong through her nine-year career in the UFC by overcoming impossible challenges.

"Thug Rose" initially started out in her professional MMA career by competing for Invicta FC and eventually made it to The Ultimate Fighter, where Carla Esparza defeated her in the TUF 20 Finale. Despite this, Namajunas entered the UFC at the age of 22.

The youthful strawweight advanced in the rankings over time, defeating several notable opponents in the process. Before competing for her first title, Namajunas defeated Michelle Waterson-Gomez, Tecia Torres, Angela Hill, and Paige VanZant.