Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'You can hear him choking up': Fans emotional as Johnny Depp performs at Jeff Beck tribute concert after Cannes appearance

2023-05-23 13:46
Johnny Depp honored Jeff Beck who died on January 10 at the age of 78, with a memorable performance alongside Joss Stone, Ronnie Wood, and Rod Stewart
'You can hear him choking up': Fans emotional as Johnny Depp performs at Jeff Beck tribute concert after Cannes appearance

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: Johnny Depp hit the stage once again after arriving at the Royal Albert Hall on Monday, May 22, 2023, to perform at the star-studded Jeff Beck tribute concert in London. The 'Dark Shadows' actor, 59, honored the legendary guitarist, who died on January 10 at the age of 78, with a memorable performance alongside Joss Stone, Ronnie Wood, and Rod Stewart.

Depp, who spent a large part of 2022 touring with Beck for the latter's final tour, sported a rocker outfit for the evening and wore a white shirt with a trendy necktie along with black jeans. The actor also kept a red bandana sticking out of the back pocket of his jeans. He also had an image of Beck wearing a pair of orange sunglasses printed on the back of his jacket. The ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ star completed his look with a blue beret, a pair of sunglasses, and a number of bracelets on his wrists, the Daily Mail reported.

READ MORE

'This brought tears to my eyes': Internet erupts as Johnny Depp gets standing ovation during 'Jeanne du Barry' premiere at Cannes Film Festival

'DEVASTATED' Johnny Depp was at close friend Jeff Beck's side during final hours of legend's life

Depp’s appearance at the tribute concert comes after his attendance at the 2023 Cannes Film Festival. The actor received a standing ovation while walking the red carpet of the event. His French-language film titled ‘Jeanne du Barry’ premiered at the festival to much appreciation from viewers. Depp’s performance at the Royal Albert Hall was the first of the two tribute concerts announced on March 10 by Eric Clapton and Beck’s wife Sandra.

‘Brings tears to my eyes’

Fans were quick to react to Depp’s performance at the tribute concert and took to Facebook to express their feelings. “I love this so much!!! Brings tears to my eyes. It’s one of my favorite songs. Thanks for sharing,” one wrote.

“I miss Jeff’s amazing guitar while Johnny sings. They were the perfect pair, best friends. Johnny will never forget his best friend. I’m so glad to see some of the tribute. Thank you so much for sharing,” added another.

“Thats absolutely so touched my heart so beautiful Johnny Depp,” a third commented. “I'm crying,” one simply wrote. A fan said, “One of my Favorites!! So many emotion!!” while another wrote, “Beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time.”

One commented, “In his voice I feel his pain and deep sadness and he is really a very strong personality the give all for his Friends and us relatives...God bless him and Jeff's Family." Another noted, “You can hear him choking up but yet it's so beautiful. The emotion behind it. God bless him.”

Johnny Depp and Jeff Beck released album together in 2022

Depp and Beck held several shows together before the latter’s death and even released their joint album titled ‘18’ on July 15, 2022. The duo also released an official music video for ‘This Is a Song for Miss Hedy Lamarr’, their first single off the album. “It's an extraordinary honor to play and write music with Jeff, one of the true greats and someone I am now privileged enough to call my brother,” Depp said in an official statement at the time.

Meanwhile, Beck said, “I haven't had another creative partner like him for ages. He was a major force on this record. I just hope people will take him seriously as a musician because it's a hard thing for some people to accept that Johnny Depp can sing rock and roll.”

Sources close to Depp said that the actor was “devastated” following Beck’s death. The insider also mentioned that the duo had a “really tight friendship” and “were extremely close” and that they “got even closer over this past summer when they were touring together,” People reported at the time.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news epcelebs