Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What happened to Vivid headliner Ethel Cain? Worried fans 'hope she's OK' after onstage collapse

2023-06-04 15:23
Ethel Cain's Sydney performance was canceled after three songs because the singer collapsed on stage
What happened to Vivid headliner Ethel Cain? Worried fans 'hope she's OK' after onstage collapse

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: Vivid headliner Ethel Cain caused concern among fans on Saturday, June 3, after collapsing on stage during her live performance at the Sydney Opera House. Cain unexpectedly fainted while on stage at the Drama Theatre performing 'A House in Nebraska'. The performance was subsequently put on hold as the venue staff looked into the matter, and it was eventually canceled. According to reports, concertgoers were told that "the situation is stable."

Hayden Silas Anhedonia, a trans woman raised in the southern Evangelical church, is a 24-year-old American singer-songwriter who goes by the stage name Ethel Cain. Her latest album, 'Preacher's Daughter', deals with themes like thwarted dreams and the fall of the American Empire, as per Flood Magazine.

Cain appeared to have hit her head hard when she passed out, said a spectator in the front row. There is currently no information available regarding the status of Cain's remaining Australian performances in Brisbane and Hobart. Given the situation, it is not yet known if the indie pop diva will take the stage at her second scheduled Vivid performance on Sunday night, as reported by Daily Mail.

'Hoping she’s okay!'

Fans immediately took to social media to express their concern and well wishes for Cain. One fan wrote, "Ethel Cain has collapsed on stage during her Vivid Live performance in Sydney, three songs in to a packed-out show. Hoping she’s okay!" The same fan added, "The performance has been cancelled but an announcement said “the situation is stable.” Journalist Jackson Langford wrote, "#BREAKING tonight’s Ethel Cain show has been cancelled. no word yet on the remainder of her australian shows, but we’ve been assured the situation is stable. i sincerely hope they’re OK.." A third fan commented, "Very scary! I hope she gets some much needed rest & drinks a lot of fluids and electrolytes. Sending love her way." Another tweeted, "I hope ethel cain is alright after tonight’s show in sydney - sending love! here are some photos i took on a little digital camera."

Someone else wrote, "Front row at this show and her head hit the ground hard. Poor Ethel, I really hope she's ok." Another well-wisher wrote, "Ethel cain at the sydney opera house tonight before the show was cancelled, hoping she feels better soon." Meanwhile, one fan found the footage of Cain fainting to be insensitive and urged to remove the video, writing, "Why is Ethel Cain twt posting videos of her fainting on Twitter, y’all have no sense of privacy god let the woman have some peace."

'Hayden is in stable condition'

Several videos of the incident were shared online over the course of the night, but Cain's fans asked concertgoers to remove them considering it was "insensitive and disrespectful" to post videos of the medical emergency online. A number of videos that were uploaded on Twitter right after the event have now been deleted.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news