Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It's Idol-related reasons': Oliver Steele reveals why he isn't allowed to go Hawaii to support Iam Tongi

2023-05-12 14:17
Oliver Steele recently asks for donations to fund his Hawaii trip for Iam Tongi's homecoming
'It's Idol-related reasons': Oliver Steele reveals why he isn't allowed to go Hawaii to support Iam Tongi

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE: 'American Idol' season 21 contestants, Zachariah Smith, Megan Danielle, Iam Tongi, We Ani and Colin Stough are scheduled to perform at Disney Hawaii Resort. The Top 5 contestants will vie to earn viewers' votes and advance to the finale.

Oliver Steele was eliminated from the competition during the Top 5 reveal. He is a big supporter and best friend of the finalist William Tongi aka Iam Tongi. To show his support, Oliver wanted to go to Hawaii and the aspiring singers asked for donations to fund his trip.

RELATED ARTICLES

'Release an album': Fans impressed as Oliver Steele performs with paralyzed dad in 'American idol' 2023

'You hit a nerve': 'American Idol' 2023 contestant Iam Tongi's moving tribute to his late father leaves all three judges in tears

Oliver Steele asks for donations to fund his Hawaii trip for Iam Tongi's homecoming

Oliver recently took to his Instagram Stories and revealed that he was looking to open up donations to fund a trip to Hawaii for Tongi's homecoming. However, Oliver took a step back and now had to cancel his plans to Hawaii to support his best friend. Oliver uploaded an Instagram Live video in which he talked to his fans about his new songs, his Hawaii trip and more. During the live, one of his fans asked, "What's this about not being allowed to become the one?" Oliver replied, "It is idol-related reasons that I can't talk about. Sorry. Not my choice. I'm not allowed to. For idol-related reasons. Take it up with Idol." However, when fans continuously asked the reason, disheartened Oliver said, "I can't I can't explain to you guys why like the exact reason why I can't go but there is a there is a specific reason why I can't go and it's not my decision."

'How can Idol prevent you from going to Hawaii on your own?'

Soon after Oliver revealed that because of Idol related reasons he is not allowed to go to Hawaii, the social media took to the comment section to slam 'American idol'. A fan commented, "What the heck though?! That is insane to me that once you're off the show they can control where you are allowed to go? 😢." Another follower asked, "Wait, What?? How can Idol prevent you from going to Hawaii on your own??? Not cool!" Another user commented, "It just doesn't sound legal to bar a private citizen from visiting!" Another Instagram user commented, "Obviously from the video, he is not even allowed to be transparent and disclose to fans. Hopefully, @americanidol has some sort of "good" reason for this and its not just some unjustifiable tyrannical bullshit." Another critic asked, "Will you be able to go to Hawaii ever? I hate to see you sad." Another social media user said, "Unpopular opinion @americanidol is being foolish not letting You go to Hawaii to support Iam."

Oliver Steele supports his best friend Iam Tongi

Oliver showed his support for Tongi from the beginning. The two contestants formed a strong friendship bond throughout the episodes of Season 21. Oliver put his whole heart and soul into every performance but he was eliminated before reaching Top 5. However, he didn't leave disheartened as one of his best friends advanced to the Top 5. Oliver took to social media and penned a heartfelt note to support the finalist Tongi. The aspiring singer shared a sweet photo from their duet performance and wrote, "@wtongi, you better win it all, Tokoua. Ofa atu!" "Tokoua" is the Tongan word for "brother," while "Ofa atu" means "Love to you."

'American Idol' Season 21 airs every Sunday and Monday at 8 pm ET on ABC.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.