Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Here's how Chris Hemsworth almost lost the role of Thor to his younger brother Liam

2023-06-15 20:50
Chris Hemsworth said, 'I came back in, re-auditioned a few times and just had a different attitude'
Here's how Chris Hemsworth almost lost the role of Thor to his younger brother Liam

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Hollywood hunk, Chris Hemsworth is currently making a buzz for his much-awaited 'Extraction 2', which is set to hit the theaters on June 16. The thrilling and action-packed sequel is expected to enthrall its audience with Hemsworth's stunt-heavy performance as Tyler Rake, the fearless mercenary who takes on dangerous missions around the world.

With 'Extraction 2', Hemsworth will be adding another achievement to his acting resume, which saw him delivering some tremendous blockbusters including, ‘Blackchat’, ‘The Huntsman’ and ‘Avengers’. The action freak has sure given a series of phenomenal performances but not one can come closer to his portrayal of Thor. It is impossible to imagine any actor playing the God of Thunder other than Hemsworth. He debuted as the prince of Asgard in 2011's 'Thor' and then went on to reprise the role in 'Thor' Sequel and other Marvel movies including ‘Avenger’, ‘Avenger: Age of Ultron, and ‘Avenger: Endgame’.

'I think my audition sucked'

Surprisingly, Chris nearly lost the exceptional and beloved role to his younger brother, Liam Hemsworth. In a previous interview, the ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ star revealed how Liam, who is known for playing Gale in ‘The Hunger Games, got pretty close to playing the Prince of Asgard. In fact, if he'd been a bit more experienced, he might have gotten the part as the older Hemsworth said his first audition for the role totally "sucked." “My little brother (Liam Hemsworth) almost got cast as Thor. He was one of the first people who got right down to the wire on getting the part,” Chris told Mensxp.

The ’12 Strong’ star remembered that when he initially didn't receive a callback for the Thor part, he thought, "I think my audition sucked. I think that was the response I got." Then, he said, Liam took a stab at the audition — and got "very close" to landing the part, down to the "last five people" being considered. "They were like, 'Look, he's great, but he's a bit young.' My manager then said, 'Well, he does have an older brother,' which was me," the Australian actor continued.

'I could cross paths with him'

"I came back in, re-auditioned a few times and just had a different attitude. Maybe I had a little more sort of motivation that my little brother got a look in and I hadn't. I also had done a couple of films in between those two auditions, so I had a bit more experience and confidence in what I was going to do,” Chris continued. Later, he reflected on his bond with Liam and revealed that he would love to work with him in some Marvel movies. "If there is more in the future as you say it has opened up multitudes of options we can head in or be taken in. I could cross paths with him. That will be fun,” he continued.