Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

xQc reveals Kick equity in candid exchange with Pokimane, sends fans into frenzy: 'That's utterly insane'

2023-06-19 14:22
xQc signed a $100M deal with Kick, joining others like Trainwreckstv and Adin Ross who have also entered such partnerships with the platform
xQc reveals Kick equity in candid exchange with Pokimane, sends fans into frenzy: 'That's utterly insane'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: During a captivating conversation with the Twitch star Imane 'Pokimane', Felix 'xQc' disclosed an interesting aspect of his recent signing with Kick. xQc revealed he now holds equity in Kick. This trend appears to be the new norm for illustrious streamers who have departed Twitch in favor of the up-and-coming streaming site. Trainwreckstv and Adin Ross have also previously revealed that they possess partial ownership in the flourishing venture.

xQc's astonishing $100 million deal with Kick has sent shockwaves throughout the entire streaming community, prompting other content creators to engage in discussions regarding what this means for Twitch. Pokimane, one such creator, caused quite a stir when her observation about Amazon's ownership of Kick's servers went viral.

'Did they give you any equity?'

In a recent livestream conversation between Pokimane and xQc, the discussion took an intriguing turn when Pokimane posed a question about equity holdings. Mindful of the sensitive nature of the query, she asserted that xQc had the option to decline to answer.

Pokimane asked, "Can I ask you something, and you can totally not answer, I'm just so curious. Did they give you any equity?"

Caught off guard, xQc took a momentary pause before cautiously responding, "Um, can I talk about that? Yeah, I can talk about that."

Pokimane swiftly picked up on the subtle implications within xQc's response, leading her to speculate that he likely held a stake in Kick. Pokimane stated, "That's a yes, if he said, 'Can I talk about that?'" As Pokimane further expressed her curiosity, xQc swiftly dispelled any lingering doubts by affirming that he had indeed chosen to acquire a stake in the company.

xQc stated, "Okay, listen, I got to choose whether I wanted some or not. But, which is whatever, the reality is that I actually believe in the product. I genuinely do." xQc embarked on an elaborate explanation, delving into the rationale behind his decision to endorse Kick as the next evolutionary leap for the streaming industry. He said, "For sure, and so what I thought was that equity means that, if I go super hard, I get a part of what I do. And I really believe that. I've been criticizing YouTube, Twitch, Rumble, I've been criticizing everybody for what they do with their signings and their contracts."

xQc further asserted that his choice to secure equity in Kick was a tangible demonstration of his confidence in the platform. By backing his belief in Kick's potential, he emphasized that he was not only making a bold statement but also taking a financial risk. He explained that if his instincts prove correct and Kick thrives, his equity investment will yield rewarding returns. Conversely, in the event of failure, he acknowledged the possibility of incurring financial losses as well.

xQc said, "The only proof that I have that I was right is that it actually succeeds, and it does better than what people expect it to be. And if I don't get there, I'm a loser idiot. But if I do get there, and I have equity? I mean sh*t! I think that's very telling. On top of that, I get a reward for knowing. I get an incentive for being right with what I know."

'That's utterly insane'

The news of xQc's decision to accept equity as part of his compensation for joining Kick sparked a wave of opinions among users. Numerous individuals questioned the practicality and viability of such an arrangement, contemplating its feasibility with keen interest. One user wrote, "Bro def got some equity 👑." Another wrote, "Really don’t see how Kick would make a return on 100 million just from one streamer." One user stated, "Omg apparently xqc took equity in kick instead of money in his record 100 million deal and that's utterly insane."