Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Demi Lovato says she's in 'healthy' relationship with Jutes after years of dating older men due to 'daddy issues'

2023-09-13 09:48
Demi Lovato, 31, and Jutes met for the first time while working on a session for their 2022 album 'HOLY FVCK'
Demi Lovato says she's in 'healthy' relationship with Jutes after years of dating older men due to 'daddy issues'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Demi Lovato in a candid interview talked about her boyfriend, musician Jutes on a recent episode of ‘SiriusXM’s The Howard Stern Show.’

The ‘Heart Attack’ singer emphasized the positive influence her current relationship brought into her life and made her reflect on past romances.

Demi Lovato is past her 'daddy issues'

Demi is in a happy place right now, “I think what I went through was I had a phase of dating older men and dating older guys because of my daddy issues, obviously,” the artist told the host.

“Now I’m at a place where I’m in an amazing relationship. My boyfriend is a year older than me, and we’re growing together and it feels so healthy.”

The 31-year-old continued, “I can say with confidence that my daddy issues aren’t anything that are inside of me anymore.”

“I think there’s a few signs to that. I’m with a partner that is my age, essentially. I look back on the past [of dating older men] and think, ‘That’s gross.’”

Demi Lovato gushes over 'magnetic' partnership with Jutes

The former Disney Channel star pointed out the reason behind her successful relationship, “He has the best personality. We laugh non-stop.”

Before adding, “There’s this partnership there that is just so magnetic, and the way that we laugh together — it’s just nonstop. So I think if you can find someone that makes you feel safe, that you’re so attracted to, that you laugh with constantly, that’s the formula of a really great relationship.”

Will Demi Lovato marry Jutes?

The ‘La La Land’ crooner is not fooling around! Demi even shared with Stern about the marriage prospects.

“We’ve talked about it. “It’s been about a year and a half, so we’re taking our time with it a little bit, you know? I think it’s important not to rush that.”

Lovato and Jutes met for the first time while working on a session for their 2022 album 'HOLY FVCK.' The two soon officially went public about their romantic relationship a few months later in August 2022.

A source confirmed to People, "It's a really happy and healthy relationship. He's a super great guy."

Who is Demi Lovato's ex?

Demi has famously dated Wilmer Valderrama, "I met him on Jan. 11, 2010," they remembered.

"I thought, 'I have to have him,' but I was only 17 and he was like, 'Get away from me.’ When I turned 18 we started dating. I think it was love at first sight, we connected on a level that I've never connected with anybody before, he was just my rock, my everything."