Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who are the 82nd Airborne Chorus? Army band's tribute to fallen soldiers with 'My Girl' leaves fans 'full of respect'

2023-07-12 05:47
82nd Airborne Chorus, army band auditioning for 'AGT' Season 18, deeply moves fans with emotional tribute to Elijah Crawford and fallen soldiers
Who are the 82nd Airborne Chorus? Army band's tribute to fallen soldiers with 'My Girl' leaves fans 'full of respect'

PASADENA, CALIFORNIA: 'America's Got Talent' is back, offering a thrilling experience after a short break due to the Fourth of July celebrations. Contestants have a mere 90 seconds to captivate the judges and embark on a life-changing journey, where their destiny hangs on a delicate thread. Some face the disappointment of elimination, while others grasp the golden opportunity to soar higher in the competition.

Among the incredible lineup of 15 new acts, the spotlight shines on the 82nd Airborne Chorus, an army band that has caught the attention of viewers. The network shared a sneak peek of this captivating group from the United States Army, presenting one of the most captivating military-themed performances seen on 'AGT' in quite some time. Alongside the emotional elements they bring, their discipline and dedication, reminiscent of those in the Armed Forces, are evident, making them a truly impressive act.

Who are the 82nd Airborne Chorus?

This chorus group is part of the United States Army and belongs to the 82nd Airborne Division All-American Band. Their primary goal is to share the Army's story and support soldiers, their families, communities, recruiting initiatives, and music education programs. It's not their first time performing on TV. Just last December, they appeared on 'Today' and performed 'Joy to the World' as part of the Citi Music Series. They also showcased their talents on 'ABC World News Tonight,' performing "My Girl." During their TV appearances, they emphasized their mission to uplift the spirits of soldiers who are bravely serving our country in different parts of the world. Now, they are excited to share their talents with the viewers of 'AGT' and hope to win the show.

82nd Airborne Chorus on 'AGT' Season 18

'America’s Got Talent' has shared an early release audition from next week’s new episode of Season 18, this time featuring the 82nd Airborne Chorus. The judges were clearly impressed with the group’s soulful performance of "My Girl." The members of the 82nd Airborne Chorus marched out on stage before introducing themselves to the AGT judges, sharing that they’re from North Carolina and “represent the 19,000 men and women that support and serve the Airborne Division.” They told Simon Cowell that they’re “here to win,” before explaining that their performance is dedicated to one of their soldiers who passed away, Elijah Crawford, as well as “all of the soldiers that have passed before him.” Cowell called the gesture “very respectful.” The chorus went on to deliver a joyful performance of "My Girl" by The Temptations, featuring some incredible solos from individual members of the group. The audience clapped along with the performance, and the judges couldn’t stop smiling.

'Best recruitment advert ever'

The chorus' performance left fans of 'AGT' mesmerized and proud. One said, "HOOAH to that performance! Former member of the military myself. Kentucky Army National Guard. God Bless this Chorus, and to the one that was lost! Gone, but never forgotten!" Another said, "The last scene of the guy kneeling while singing on one knee and the other guys blowing fresh air was a cool scene love the melodies!" Another pointed out, "So melodic and such a beautiful rendition. Their harmonies and united sound highlights the relationship among them all. A true treat for our ears! Nothing but respect for them." A fan commented, "The harmony, the unity, the respect. God bless all the people in the force." Another enthusiastic fan added, "Fantastic!! Not only do they serve, but they sing as one! May Gd give you success!! Thank you for a wonderful performance!! I salute you!! I am full of respect for you guys." Another joked, "Y’all got no business making me tear up this early on a Friday! Love love love this!!!" Another said, "Not only a fun performance but a great sound. Can't wait to see the judges put them through."