Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kate Beckinsale 'totally broken' as she mourns the loss of her beloved cat Clive, fans say 'he was a special soul'

2023-06-13 05:59
Kate Beckinsale said that she didn't 'have it in' her 'to make a montage or even look at pictures of him yet' while sharing the devastating news
Kate Beckinsale 'totally broken' as she mourns the loss of her beloved cat Clive, fans say 'he was a special soul'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The death of Clive, the beloved cat whom Kate Beckinsale originally took home more than 10 years ago, has left her utterly heartbroken. The 49-year-old actress said that she didn't "have it in" her "to make a montage or even look at pictures of him yet" while sharing the devastating news of her Persian cat who over the years developed into a recognized Instagram celebrity.'

"Clive has died. I don’t have it in me to make a montage or even look at pictures of him yet. Every single part of my house feels like he should be in it. If anyone is expecting to hear from me, you may not for a bit and I’m sorry. My heart is absolutely and totally broken."

'He was the king of Instagram'

Fans and celebrity pals were quick to send her supportive messages as the star mourns the death. "Kate💔 sending you love ♥️" Anya Taylor Joy wrote, "This is the worst pain. I’m so sorry," Anne Wheaton reacted. Jewel Staite commented, "Sending you lots of love ❤️," A fan wrote, "He was the king of Instagram, we were all lucky to know him a little, thanks to your irreplaceable bond. What a life, what a cat, rest in peace Clive, we will all miss you greatly. Sending hugs." One more wrote, "Your posts with your precious animals kept me sane during Covid. Clive was a special soul and his magnificence healed a part of me. Pets are angels. 😇 He was a bright light. The world just became a bit darker without his brightness. My deepest condolences."

'We got him when my daughter [Lily Sheen, now 20] was little'

She has not revealed the cause of Clives' death although had shared she was old about 15 or 16 years. "We got him when my daughter [Lily Sheen, now 20] was little," she told People in 2019. "And he usually is shaved into an odd shape, but he's a recent cancer survivor." Speaking about Clive she expressed his "favorite things in the world are suitcases and boxes and bags. If you bring home a pair of sneakers or take out bag, he's immediately inside it,' she gushed. 'So we got him this suitcase bed, and he loves it so much.'

Clive's lavish lifestyle was extensively recorded on Instagram

On the performer's social media, Clive's lavish lifestyle was extensively recorded in pictures of him in amusing costumes, flying on private jets, and sticking by her side through thick and thin, the Daily Mail noted. Clive may frequently be seen in her pictures sporting pink nail paint, goofy hats, posing with props, or even matching outfits with Beckinsale.

'One of them is more keen about dressing up than the other ones'

She talked about dressing up her two cats while in quarantine on Live with Kelly and Ryan in 2021. "There's a couple of cats but one of them is more keen about dressing up than the other ones so he's featured slightly more," she said, referring to Clive, joining, "That's what happened to me in the pandemic...that's what took the toll."

The actress then noted that even on a "busy day," Beckinsale can find time to dress her cat because it "takes 12 seconds." Funny enough, the celebrity said that she made a Roomba and an Amazon box into a "cat tank" during the "deep, deep pandemic. "I bought a Roomba expressly for this purpose," she mused." Willow, a different Persian cat and Myf, a Pomeranian, are her other pets.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news