Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Kristen Bowen? Reba McEntire tries to steal 'The Voice' contestant from Gwen Stefani

2023-09-26 12:53
Despite Reba McEntire turning her chair in favor of the singer, Kristen Brown chose Gwen Stefani as her coach in an unexpected change of events
Who is Kristen Bowen? Reba McEntire tries to steal 'The Voice' contestant from Gwen Stefani

HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA: During 'The Voice' Season 24 Blind Auditions, Gwen Stefani and Reba McEntire both wanted Kristen Brown. But who took her?

Gwen clicked her button and turned her chair just as Kristen started singing. Reba joined in a bit later, leaving fellow Coaches John Legend and Niall Horan to listen on the sidelines and await the next confrontation. "You're very fortunate to have these two ladies fighting over you," John commented after Kristen's audition.

Reba McEntire tries to steal Kristen Brown from Gwen Stefani on 'The Voice' Season 24

Reba took the stage first, emphasizing her deep roots and extensive network in the country music industry.

"Carrie Underwood, a buddy of mine. Love the song, and you did it justice," she stated. "I was very taken with your performance. I did notice a few little pitchy things, but your enthusiasm was wonderful. In my career, I've had a lot of mentors, so I am very fully aware of what you want to hear, what you need to hear, and I would love to be your Coach and help you out to win this competition."

Gwen pitched herself next, naturally terrified by Reba's country clout. "This is really difficult, because Reba's the Queen, so it's hard to find against her," she stated. "But I'm going to fight her right now."

"I thought you had a really interesting tone," Gwen continued. You're a diamond in the rough. The thing is, everything I try to pitch, [Reba's] done it as well, like 10 times more."

That caused John to point out that Gwen has one accomplishment that Reba lacks. "She has not won The Voice," John stated.

"She has not won The Voice," Stefani said, adding to Kristen, "I've done all the stuff that you want to do. I want to mother you."

Reba, always secure in her decades of expertise and accomplishments, was quick to answer. "Lady Gwen, you are right. I have not won a season of The Voice...yet," she explained.

Despite Reba's appeal and fame as a country star, Kristen chose Gwen in what John and Niall Horan called an "upset victory."

"I'm gonna steal you, though, so you better behave," Reba said.

How much is Gwen Stefani getting paid on 'The Voice'?

According to CinemaBlend, Gwen became 'The Voice' coach in Season 7 and was paid $10 million per season at the time.

The 'No Doubt' singer, on the other hand, earned a $5 rise in Season 12 when she and Blake Shelton inked a pact to play up their romance for the cameras, bringing her income to $13 million each season.

Who did Reba McEntire replace on 'The Voice'?

Reba, an American country singer, has taken on the position of artist Blake Shelton as a coach on the upcoming season of the singing reality show 'The Voice'. The 68-year-old veteran stated that the leaving coach, 46, urged her to change her phone number in preparation for the shift.

'The Voice' airs every Monday and Tuesday at 8 pm ET on NBC. But if you miss it, you can watch Season 24 on FuboTV or stream it on Peacock.