Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Alix Earle breaks silence on Braxton Berrios cheating allegations, denies being 'homewrecker': 'It is so triggering'

2023-09-21 15:49
Alix Earle was accused of breaking up Braxton Berrios and ex Sophia Culpo
Alix Earle breaks silence on Braxton Berrios cheating allegations, denies being 'homewrecker': 'It is so triggering'

FLORIDA, MIAMI: Alix Earle, 22, made headlines recently as she appeared on the Season 4 premiere of Alex Cooper's Call Her Daddy podcast, where she set the record straight about her relationship with NFL star Braxton Berrios, 27.

Before her appearance on the popular podcast, Earle found herself at the center of controversy when she was linked to Berrios following his breakup with Sophia Culpo, whom he had dated for two years before their March split.

Accusations emerged that Earle was the reason behind the high-profile breakup, labeling her a "mistress" and "homewrecker."

Alix Earle clears the air on relationship with NFL star Braxton Berrios

During the podcast, Cooper, 29, wasted no time in addressing the swirling rumors, asking Earle directly about her alleged involvement in Berrios's previous relationship.

Cooper inquired, "This past summer, you were getting scrutinized on the internet. People were calling you a mistress, some people were calling you a homewrecker, in regards to the NFL player you were hooking up with. Can you confirm: Were you hooking up with him when he was in a relationship?"

Earle responded candidly saying, "It is so triggering to even hear you say that," before emphatically clarifying, "No. They were not together."

Earle revealed the emotional toll the online criticism took on her, sharing, "I was reading these comments" about her relationship with the Miami Dolphins wide receiver and "bawling my eyes out to my friends."

Her experience was compounded by her family's history with infidelity, as she spoke earlier in the episode about her father's affair with his now-wife, Ashley Dupre, which had torn her family apart.

Cooper delved further into the origins of the rumors, asking Earle to explain why they began in the first place.

Earle explained, "I guess the ex-girlfriend had started posting things alluding to unfaithfulness in the relationship online, and I was seen hanging out with this guy so everyone just kinda pointed fingers at me."

She also revealed her immediate skepticism and proactive approach saying, "You know I was asking for the receipts. Like, right away I was probably more psycho than she was. I was like there’s just no f------ way this happened. Like, I was checking everything."

Since then, she and Berrios “have been over this probably 110 times,”

She admitted, "I was like, if you did that to a person, obviously, of course, you’ll probably do that to me too, and if I did that to someone else, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself."

Sophia Culpo speaks out on breakup with Braxton Berrios amid controversy

The breakup between Sophia Culpo and NFL star Braxton Berrios took an unexpected turn when Culpo claimed her ex-boyfriend had been unfaithful to her.

In a since-deleted TikTok Story posted in June, Culpo alluded to Berrios's infidelity, adding another layer of complexity to the publicized split.

In response to the allegations, Berrios released his own statement, shedding light on their separation. He described their relationship as "good" and "healthy" but admitted that "towards the end," things "weren't working out."

He firmly asserted that their split in January "had nothing to do with anything else,” and he clarified, "It had nothing to with anybody else for that matter."

Sophia Culpo, however, took to social media to share what she referred to as "the real timeline" of their breakup.

According to Culpo, they broke up after the Drake concert during Super Bowl weekend when Berrios was allegedly seen making out with another girl.

She added that she harbored no bitterness about the situation, stating, "Not bitter, in fact, I know the situation has been one of my biggest blessings."

Culpo even included screenshots of several alleged text messages with Berrios in her post to support her account.

The controversy surrounding the breakup escalated when Culpo posted a since-deleted TikTok video that seemed to throw shade at her ex-partner and possibly Alix Earle, who had recently spent time with Berrios in the Hamptons.

Culpo commented on the video, saying, "Give it a few but call me when the love bombing ends. I gotcha #girltok #narcredflag."

However, in response to the online drama, Culpo later wrote on her Instagram Story, "I'm sorry the internet has their panties in a wad. It wasn't that deep."

This comment appeared to downplay the situation and signaled Culpo's desire to move past the controversy.

Tags news