Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It was peculiar': Tim Allen takes swipe at Chris Evans' 'confusing' version of Buzz in box-office bomb 'Lightyear'

2023-05-22 14:16
Tim Allen, who is returning as Buzz for 'Toy Story 5', admitted he had no idea what the 'peculiar' 'Lightyear' origin story was centered on
'It was peculiar': Tim Allen takes swipe at Chris Evans' 'confusing' version of Buzz in box-office bomb 'Lightyear'

POINT RICHMOND, CALIFORNIA: Tim Allen recently took a swipe at Chris Evans taking over his popular role as Buzz Lightyear in the "confusing" 2022 box-office bomb, 'Lightyear'. Allen, 69, voiced Buzz in four 'Toy Story' movies since the mid-1990s. However, he was replaced by 41-year-old Evans for the standalone movie. Speculation was rife that the decision was based on his support of the Republican party and conservative politics.

Allen is now returning as Buzz for 'Toy Story 5.' He said he had no idea what the "peculiar" 'Lightyear' origin story was based or centered on. "They were two completely different movies. And Chris did a great job doing an ancillary part. It was very confusing to all of us on the Toy Story movie side, which was real?" Allen said, according to Daily Mail. "I'm a script guy, so if Buzz is real, then Chris's version of it was, as an actor doing it, real confusing to me."

READ MORE

Pamela Anderson claims Tim Allen flashed her on TV show set

'It was really about their friendship': How Chris Evans engaged his Marvel friends for those hilarious cameos in 'Ghosted'

'So I've made friends with all of the people in Toy Story'

Evans' character in the picture of the origin and the one Allen played were not quite the same. In 'Toy Story', Buzz was a toy who thought he was an astronaut. 'Lightyear' was expected to be the movie the toy is based on. In the movie, Buzz is a Space Ranger trying to find his way home. The character is smarter than the toy Buzz.

Allen has been rehired to play Lightyear in the upcoming 'Toy Story 5.' "Toy Story five had been kind of laid down quite a while ago, but we just couldn't get into it. Then Disney announced it about two months ago," Allen said, updating fans. "So I've made friends with all of the people in Toy Story, especially Tom Hanks [who plays cowboy Woody]. So for that, I'm blessed to have these friends in my life. I love that character. I love that story. So I always wait to see the script."

'It was kind of peculiar'

Allen also said that Disney had secretly been planning a fifth film. He said, "They came up with that. I think it's getting close and I said unless it could have been done really well I know that the crew didn't want to do it. So none of us could mention any of this. Even when all the ancillary Buzz or Lightyear movie was coming out, this was all in play. So it was kind of peculiar. That's all."

Disney has earned over three billion dollars with the four 'Toy Story' films. Allen said, on being asked about his paycheck for the fifth outing, "Man. It's just going to be more fun for the project." Allen also revealed, during the interview, that his own life may be turned into a biopic in the future.