Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I met the challenge': 'Legend' Martha Stewart, 81, makes history as the oldest woman to grace the cover of Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit issue

2023-05-16 12:59
Martha Stewart disclosed that she was approached for the Sports Illustrated shoot in November 2022 and carried out the session in January this year
'I met the challenge': 'Legend' Martha Stewart, 81, makes history as the oldest woman to grace the cover of Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit issue

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Martha Stewart is radiating like a brilliant sunbeam on the front page of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue. At 81 years old, she holds the esteemed title of being the oldest model to grace the magazine cover and the reigning queen of capturing attention as she works diligently to ensure she looked her absolute finest.

During her appearance on the 'Today' show on Monday, May 15, 2023, Stewart proudly unveiled her cover and shared insights into her rigorous preparation for the captivating swimsuit photographs. She disclosed that she was approached for the shoot in November 2022 and carried out the session in January 2023. "To be on the cover at my age was a challenge. And I think I met the challenge," she told hosts Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb.

READ MORE

Did Martha Stewart undergo cosmetic surgery? Grandmom-of-two looks stunning in no-filter Insta pic

'You’ll see': Martha Stewart confirms plans on posting thirst trap pictures, says it will be 'good stuff'

'I live a clean life'

The New Jersey native chose a straightforward approach to getting in shape, dedicating herself to exercise and a focus on maintaining a healthy diet. "I didn’t starve myself, but I didn’t eat any bread or pasta for a couple of months," Stewart said. "I went to pilates every other day and that was great; I’m still going to pilates every other day ’cause it’s so great. And I just, I live a clean life anyway — good diet and good exercise and healthy skin care and all of that stuff," Stewart explained.

Stewart then proceeded to express her candid thoughts on how her appearance at 81 serves as a testament to living well. Stewart also emphasized that she doesn't concern herself with the process of aging and firmly stated that age should not dictate or limit one's life experiences. "I think all of us should think about good living, successfully living, and not aging. The whole aging thing is so boring. You know what I mean?" Stewart said.

'My genes are good'

She attributed her beauty to her genes and her mother Martha Ruszkowski Kostyra. "My mom was my role model," Stewart said. "After four kids, she was still wearing a two-piece bathing suit. And she still had two more after that and she was still wearing a two-piece bathing suit, so that’s pretty fabulous. My genes are good."

The renowned cookbook author joined a lineup of stars for the magazine's multiple covers, including actresses Megan Fox and Brooks Nader, as well as Grammy-winning transgender singer Kim Petras.

"When I heard that I was going to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit, I thought, 'Oh, that’s pretty good, I’m going to be the oldest person I think ever on a cover of Sports Illustrated,'" she told the magazine. "And I don’t think about age very much, but I thought that this is kind of historic," Stewart continued, adding, "Age is not the determining factor in terms of friendship or in terms of success, but what people do, how people think, how people act, that’s what’s important and not your age."

'I thought she was 61!'

Twitter users were left stunned and captivated by the awe-inspiring beauty showcased on the cover of the prestigious magazine, defying the rules of aging. One user said, "Holy shiz - I thought she was 61, more in shock about her age. Stunning!!" Another said, "@MarthaStewart looks Awesome!! She’s definitely goals!!" "LEGEND," wrote one, while another added, "You look Beautiful Martha !" Another said, "Martha Stewart being the cover model for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuitwas not on my 2023 bingo card but here we are! She looks amazing!"

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news epcelebs