Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Tom Holland says 'The Crowded Room' horribly reviewed but he is 'very resilient'

2023-06-27 01:20
'The message of the show is that asking for help should be something that we as a society celebrate. It's an act of bravery,' said Tom Holland
Tom Holland says 'The Crowded Room' horribly reviewed but he is 'very resilient'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Tom Holland, the Spider-Man actor, has not let the negative reception of his Apple TV+ series, 'The Crowded Room,' dampen his spirit. Ever since the show's premiere, the audience has not been so kind with a Rotten Tomatoes rating of 30% at the moment.

Holland has been open about filming the series and the impact it had on his mental health forcing the actor to take a year break from acting. "It’s no secret my show has been so horribly reviewed," Holland told Unilad.

'I’m here today to promote the show'

Despite the reviews, Holland is "resilient" which stems from being a fan of a Tottenham soccer club that has never won anything. “I think being a Tottenham fan is somewhat like being in ‘The Crowded Room.’ It has taught me resilience,” Holland said. “Tottenham has never won anything and supporting them is incredibly difficult," he said before expressing horrible reviews. "I’m here today to promote the show and I’m still here. I’m very resilient. It’s a good quality.”

Holland plays a young man who is arrested in the summer of 1979 due to his involvement in a shooting at Rockefeller Center in New York City. Elsewhere in the video Holland reportedly said, “The message of the show, which can speak to so many different issues, is that asking for help should be something that we as a society celebrate. It’s an act of bravery.”

'...Standing up and asking for help is not something you should be ashamed of'

Holland continued, “Whether it is substance abuse, whether it is abuse at home, whether it is abuse at school standing up and asking for help is not something you should be ashamed of and I hope that this show can represent that in a truthful and authentic, and most importantly sensitive way. So, for me, if we can somehow make people feel empowered by saying, ‘I’m not feeling good, I really need some help,’ then we’ve done what we’ve set out to do.” As the show struggles to go past 21% ratings on Rotten Tomatoes, Holland earlier this month on 'Live With Kelly and Mark,' expressed happiness over fans linking the show despite critics.

'I’m excited for the rest of the show to come out'

“I would like to say a massive thank you to my fans, and the people that have seen the show because we’re at 94% [user rating] on Rotten Tomatoes,” Holland added, “I feel so grateful that I have a wonderful community of people that support me and are there for me, so I’m honored and really excited for the rest of the show to come out.”

Tags news