Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I've slept with everyone': Eva Longoria longs for a 'Desperate Housewives' return, but knows why creator Marc Cherry won't do it

2023-06-04 16:17
Eva Longoria also discussed her directorial debut, 'Flamin' Hot', which explores the controversial origins of the popular snack, Flamin' Hot Cheetos
'I've slept with everyone': Eva Longoria longs for a 'Desperate Housewives' return, but knows why creator Marc Cherry won't do it

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Eva Longoria rose to fame with her portrayal of Gabrielle "Gabby" Solis in the popular drama series, 'Desperate Housewives'. Despite the show having concluded its eight-season run over a decade ago, Longoria recently shared her thoughts on what her beloved character might be up to now, while also discussing the possibility of her return for a potential reboot.

Longoria spoke about Gabby's current whereabouts in an interview with Access Hollywood. She remarked, "She'd be an influencer for sure. She’d be like a social media mogul." Longoria said that she "would be the first to sign up for a reboot" adding, "I miss Gabby so much. I miss being Gabby Solis." Longoria also discussed her upcoming directorial debut, titled 'Flamin' Hot', which offers a perspective on the controversial origins of the immensely popular snack, Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

'I slept with everybody'

Longoria highlighted that the television environment has changed since 'Desperate Housewives' first aired in 2004. "I come from the generation of 24 episodes a year for a decade of our lives. There’s no more six-episode per season stuff that there is now," she explained. "This was 24 episodes a year, we fully mined those characters. There was nobody on the street that was left to sleep with. I slept with everybody. I was like, 'Uh, what do we do now?'"

She continued, "Twenty years ago we were saying something about ageism and saying something about being a housewife, and it was shocking. There’s a lot of things we said and did that was groundbreaking, and I don’t think it is now. Now it’s like the norm."

Creator Marc Cherry is not too keen on a reboot

The former Telenovela star then said that she doesn't believe showrunner Marc Cherry would be eager to return to Wisteria Lane. "I’ve talked to him several times," she said. "He feels like there’s no why now? For the sake of a reboot, he wouldn’t do it. he feels like, 'What do I have to say with these characters that we haven’t already fully mined?'"

While expectations for a 'Desperate Housewives' remake have been shattered for now, fans still have many treasured memories of Gabby Solis and her fellow housewives' scandalous and amusing lives. Longoria's devotion to her legendary character demonstrates the series' impact on both viewers and its skilled cast.