Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why was Mitchel Musso arrested? Miley Cyrus's 'Hannah Montana' co-star has had prior run-ins with the law

2023-08-28 15:26
Mitchel Musso was found outside a hotel in Rockwell, Texas where he showed signs of intoxication
Why was Mitchel Musso arrested? Miley Cyrus's 'Hannah Montana' co-star has had prior run-ins with the law

ROCKWALL, TEXAS: Former 'Hannah Montana' star Mitchel Musso found himself in legal trouble over the weekend as he was arrested on charges of public intoxication and theft.

The incident took place in Rockwall, Texas, where Musso was apprehended by local police for allegedly stealing a bag of chips from a hotel and displaying signs of intoxication, TMZ reports.

Miley Cyrus's co-star Mitchel Musso arrested

Mitchel Musso, widely recognized for his role as Oliver Oken on the hit Disney Channel show 'Hannah Montana,' which aired over a decade ago, encountered legal woes on Saturday evening, August 26.

According to reports from Rockwall police, Musso entered a local hotel around 7.15 pm and reportedly picked up a bag of chips without paying.

When confronted by hotel staff to settle the bill for the snack, Musso allegedly responded with verbal abuse before leaving the premises without making payment.

Responding officers arrived at the scene and found Musso outside the hotel, where he exhibited signs of intoxication.

Subsequently, he was arrested and charged with both public intoxication and theft under $100. Additionally, police uncovered that Musso had several outstanding traffic warrants.

After his arrest, Mitchel Musso spent a night in the Rockwall County Detention Center before being released on Sunday afternoon, August 27, after posting a bail amount of $2,080.30.

His release was confirmed by online booking records. A mugshot photo released by authorities showed Musso looking downtrodden with a towel over his chest, KIRO 7 reports.

Mitchel Musso rose to fame with 'Hannah Montana'

Born in Garland, Texas, a Dallas suburb, Musso gained fame through his role in 'Hannah Montana,' appearing in nearly 90 episodes alongside co-star Miley Cyrus.

In 2016, he commemorated the show's 10th anniversary with an online tribute to his former castmates, expressing gratitude for their camaraderie and support. "When I think of family I think of you girls," Musso posted on social media at the time. "Thank you for always being my best and always having my back."

Beyond his 'Hannah Montana' fame, Mitchel Musso lent his voice to the animated series 'Phineas and Ferb' and starred as King Brady in the Disney XD show 'Pair of Kings.'

Miley Cyrus's co-star Mitchell Musso's previous run-ins with law

Despite his successful career, the actor faced legal trouble in the past.

In 2011, he was arrested for driving under the influence in Burbank, California. Musso avoided a six-month sentence by pleading 'no contest' and was placed on 36 months of informal probation. His sentence mandated attendance at alcohol education classes and payment of fines.

Notably, Musso has maintained a relatively low profile on social media.

In a December 2021 post, he shared before-and-after photos, discussing his personal journey of transformation both mentally and physically.

"The one on the left I was 119 pounds sick depressed and broken. The photo on the right is me today 160 pounds mentally and physically rebuilt stronger than I was before," he wrote at the time.

This incident comes in the wake of Miley Cyrus' recent revelations about her struggles as a child star. Cyrus disclosed that she sought therapy to cope with the criticism she faced during her upbringing in the limelight.

Reflecting on her past experiences, Cyrus emphasized the importance of therapy in healing painful memories and addressing the challenges of fame.

"When I look back at the criticism I received as a child, it has only been these last few years that I have understood just how wrong that was," she told The Sun on Sunday, August 27.

"I am a great believer in therapy to help heal painful memories and I am in a good place - but the reality is, it should never have happened!" Cyrus added.