Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fox News host Harold Ford Jr supports President Biden's 'valid' concerns amid Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians

2023-10-15 16:20
Harold Ford Jr said, 'Whatever the President is able to do, he has done it, but I think it's right for him to lay this out for one other reason'
Fox News host Harold Ford Jr supports President Biden's 'valid' concerns amid Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: President Joe Biden has taken a step forward in acknowledging the atrocities being inflicted on innocent Palestinians as the war between Israeli forces and Hamas moves into its second week.

While many have interpreted Biden's address as a potential threat to Israel, Fox News host Harold Ford Jr emphasized that America simply wants the war to not escalate more than it already has.

Harold Ford Jr says Biden doesn't want the Israel-Gaza war to get worse

After listening to his Republican co-hosts criticize President Biden over not being proactive towards the conflict, Ford Jr offered his own interpretation.

"I don't think he is as far out on the limb as you think. He has made it clear. Secretary [Lloyd] Austin was there. Secretary [Antony] Blinken was on the ground today making clear that you stand with your friends and you stand behind your friends and you run to your friends in a time of peril. And this is indeed a time of peril," 'The Five' host said.

He also validated Biden further clarifying his stance on the conflict as he had previously spoken up against Hamas and in support of Israel in his White House address.

"I think the primary concern of the President, and I think it's a valid one, is if this escalates, meaning the more Palestinians you kill, the more likely it is that Hezbollah will invade from the North." he said.

He continued, "If that happens, you have a massive escalation in this which we obviously know the Iranians have some part in this, and they are supportive of Hezbollah, as we all know. Which means that this thing will escalate even more."

Harold Ford Jr explains Biden's Palestine concerns

The Fox News host pointed out that Biden has not suggested any change in America's solidarity with Israel.

"We have not at all said that we will not send weapons. In fact, the real hold-up is we don't have a speaker in the Congress. Hopefully, they do that sooner than later so we can appropriate and spend the money we need."

Ford Jr further explained the reason why the Biden administration is focused on the speedy recovery from the war and avoiding any more conflicts in the Middle East.

"Whatever the President is able to do, in my understanding, he has done it. But I think it's right for him to lay this out for one other reason. For us to be able to deter Iran, we've got to build this coalition out even more," he said.

"So, the Saudis, the Egyptians, Jordanians are critical to this. Obviously, the signers of the Abraham Accord are critical to this," Ford Jr noted, "The more they stay with us, the more likely it is we will be able to deter Iran because the only reason Hamas did this is because of the prospect that Israel and Saudi would forge an agreement that would further isolate Iranians and strengthen the Saudis and bring about a new path of reconciliation and shared growth in the region."