Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How did Nashawn Breedlove die? Actor known for playing Lotto in the 2022 movie '8 Mile' along with Eminem was 46

2023-09-27 01:49
Nashawn Breedlove was said to be 'one of the few emcee’s to beat Eminem'
How did Nashawn Breedlove die? Actor known for playing Lotto in the 2022 movie '8 Mile' along with Eminem was 46

NEWARK, NEW JERSEY: The '8 Mile' actor Nashawn Breedlove who played the famous role of 'Lotto' in the 2022 battle rap movie along with Emimen, which also starred the late Brittany Murphy and Marvel's Anthony Mackie, has died at 46.

His death was first reported on September 25 by Mickey Factz on social media who also paid tribute to the late actor.

How did Nashawn Breedlove die?

TMZ, citing a family member of Nashwan, reported that he died in his sleep at his home in New Jersey on Sunday, September 24. The cause of his death, however, has not yet been revealed.

The publication noted that Nashwan was using the stage name OX and collaborated with Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg on the soundtrack for the 2001 movie ‘The Wash' before the big break.

What was Nashawn Breedlove's role in '8 Mile'?

Lotto, played by Nashawn Breedlove, is a fierce opponent of Eminem’s B-Rabbit in '8 Mile.' The movie grossed over $242 million at the box office with a budget of only $41 million, as per HipHop Dx.

He challenges him to a rap battle and puts up a good fight, but he fails to win the contest in the end.

Rocking a white tank top and braids, Lotto stings, “I feel bad I gotta murder that dude from ‘Leave It to Beaver' making the crows go ecstatic."

Nashawn Breedlove was 'one of the few emcee’s to beat Eminem'

“RIP to one of the few emcees to beat Eminem… Lotto from '8 Mile.' Who’s friends lovingly called him, OX,” Mickey Factz, wrote on Instagram, the first to announce his death.

“You will be missed for your tenacity and aggressiveness," he added.

The '8 Mile' star also received praises from battle rapper Daylyt who wrote on Mickey’s post, “The first emcee who was ever robbed of his win in a rap battle! Rip lotto.”

Other rappers like Pete Rock, Onyx, and Grafh also reacted to Breedlove’s death.

"My best friend and brother since 15 years old. We have been through it all Rest Easy my bro I love you and the family and my nephew OX FOREVER," one of the pals wrote in the comments.

"My boy Lotto got ROBBED THAT NIGHT AT THE SHELTER .. ON CAMERA !!! rip to dawg !!! This one of the biggest battles of all time !!!," another one wrote.

Tags news