Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Britney Spears fans mock Victor Wembanyama over disappointing NBA debut: ‘Voodoo is real’

2023-07-09 02:22
Victor Wembanyama scored only nine points, with eight rebounds and five blocks in the San Antonio Spurs' game against the Charlotte Hornets
Britney Spears fans mock Victor Wembanyama over disappointing NBA debut: ‘Voodoo is real’

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA: While the alleged controversy of Britney Spears being slapped by her security director unfolded, French basketball star Victor Wembanyama made his NBA debut. But it may not have gone the way he would have liked, as a poor show by Spurs’ prodigy had a below-par day at the court, and the ‘Toxic’ singer’s fans didn’t miss out.

The whole controversy began when Spears tried to approach the upcoming star basketball player to get a photo with him outside of the celebrity hotspot Catch. Instead, she was hit in the face by a bodyguard, causing her sunglasses to fall to the floor, reports PageSix.

'I didn’t really know what I was doing on the court'

Wembanyama was picked as number 1 during drafts by San Antonio in June. In a post-match press conference, Victor said, “I didn’t really know what I was doing on the court, but I’m trying to learn for the next games,” admitting he performed poorly in his first summer game.

Spears, shaken by the incident, later filed a police complaint for battery and gave an update on social media the following day. “Traumatic experiences are not new to me and I have had my fair share of them,” the “Hold Me Closer” singer wrote in a note posted on Twitter and Instagram Thursday. “I was not prepared for what happened to me last night.”

The 41-year-old pop star continued, “Physical violence is happening too much in this world. Often behind closed doors,” she continued. “I stand with all the victims and my heart goes out to all of you!!!”

'He’s going nowhere in the NBA if he stays a tooth pick'

Victor merely scored nine points, eight rebounds, and just five blocks to his name against the Charlotte Hornets. One fan wrote, “Everytime I watch Victor Wembanyama's highlights, I feel like I'm being trolled. There doesn't seem to be much that he's special at. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but he has bust written all over him.” The second commented, “Being 7ft 4 is nice but he’s going nowhere in the NBA if he stays a tooth pick.” “@spurs I’m gonna be blunt about this but he’s looking like the next Shawn Bradley but a downgrade & this is summer league…..,” wrote another.

One comment that got a lot of likes from Britney Army was, “Victor Wembanyama the walking twig got smacked and his reaction’s priceless. That Britney voodoo is real.” A user commented on his physical appearance, "Soft lmao. He has no clue what he's in for. Twigggg.”