Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Britney Spears' fans slam her family after popstar reveals she was made to 'disappear' after she refused to 'keep doing Vegas'

2023-10-26 21:49
Britney Spears in her memoir has revealed what happened in 2018 and the Las Vegas residency fiasco
Britney Spears' fans slam her family after popstar reveals she was made to 'disappear' after she refused to 'keep doing Vegas'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Singer Britney Spears has explained the events behind her "underwhelming" performances in Las Vegas back in 2018.

In her memoir 'The Woman in Me', released on October 24, Spears has laid bare her version of events surrounding the events in 2018.

After doing hundreds of shows and a tour for 'Glory' in Vegas, the pop star did not want to perform again in Vegas.

What happened in Vegas in 2018

Spears was asked to start rehearsing for her Vegas residency in 2018. However, she continued telling her team "for months" about her unwillingness to do the residency, reported Vulture.

"I'd learn soon because once I made it clear that I wasn't going to keep doing Vegas, my family made me disappear," she wrote in the memoir.

In her memoir, the 'Toxic' singer has openly talked about her miserable life under the conservatorship of her father, Jamie Spears.

Under severe pressure, Spears did finally agree to announce her Las Vegas residency, which turned into a complete mess. Her announcement came through 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show.'

She made a surprise visit to the show for a "BIG Announcement."

"My announcement is actually that I have an announcement," said Spears. In the less than two-minute appearance 'Baby One More Time' singer continued, "I can't announce the announcement until October 18th."

Everyone, including the host, was astounded when the singer came, made her announcement, and left the show.

Spears recalled the incident in her memoir. "I walked past the cameras until I got in the SUV and left. I said nothing, I didn't perform…What you didn't see was that my father and his team were trying to force me to announce the [Vegas] show…I didn't want to do it. Once I made it clear I wasn't going to keep doing Vegas, my family made me disappear."

Fans slam Britney Spears' father and her family

After the release of the pop star's memoir, her fans are disheartened to know her life was miserable under her father's control. And they took no time to lash out against him and Spears' family.

Her revelation about the 2018 Vegas residency garnered similar reactions.

One fan said, "i’m so glad she’s free now, reading her book made me sick to my stomach. i hope she’s living the life she deserves."

A second fan stated, "Wow her family did her dirty... I wish her nothing but peace."

"Family members be acting like enemies sometimes," noted another fan.

One user who read the memoir raged about how Britney was "constantly forced to work, even early in her career." The tweet continued, "when she wanted a short break they just kept piling on more work. She wanted a normal life and they just wouldn’t let her do that."

"It’s unfortunate that her dad really messed over her [sic]," said another user.

"What her parents did to her during conservatorship was insane," stated a sixth user.

Another user said, "Once you become famous, family members want to control you, how you act and even spend your own money. They want to rely on your wealth sometimes."

"cruel family," said one user.

"Jail. They all need to be in jail," stated another user.

Tags news