Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What does Landon Barker do? Travis Barker's son recalls 'abusing' alcohol amid mental health issues

2023-10-17 21:28
Landon Barker also revealed that he had been suffering from depersonalization-derealization disorder for months
What does Landon Barker do? Travis Barker's son recalls 'abusing' alcohol amid mental health issues

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Singer and influencer Landon Barker opened up about his struggles with alcohol abuse and mental health issues last year during an interview with People.

In the interview that was published on October 16, the 20-year-old son of the Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker said, "It originally started with a bad habit with alcohol. "

“I was abusing it and just abusing that substance,” Landon recalled. He also revealed that he had been suffering from depersonalization-derealization disorder for months.

“It was awful, and I went through heightened OCD, heightened ADHD, and heightened anxiety, all while disassociating and feeling like I was in a video game. I was watching my whole entire life through a movie screen. It was honestly awful.”

Landon Barker opened up about his mental health on social media

In August 2022, the 'Friends With Your Ex' singer shared on his Instagram Story, "My derealization has been really bad and I just wanna come on here and tell everyone your (sic) not alone and we are all imperfect in our own ways."

What is depersonalization-derealization disorder?

According to the Mayo Clinic website, "Depersonalization-derealization disorder occurs when you always or often feel that you're seeing yourself from outside your body or you sense that things around you are not real — or both. Feelings of depersonalization and derealization can be very disturbing. You may feel like you're living in a dream."

Landon said in the interview that his struggle with the psychological disorder and subsequent alcohol abuse became a repetitive cycle.

"It kind of started with: I would drink, and then the day after, I would disassociate really bad, and that’s kind of how my habit of drinking a lot started. It was like, oh, I’d feel better the second that I had a drink, and so yeah, it kind of just all started and it all kicked up really fast,” he stated.

However, he claimed to have stopped drinking “around this time last year” after suffering a concussion.

“When I got my concussion, I kind of just had to deal with it and I would just, I don’t know, I just hated life for three or four months. I remember I would just go to the hospital once a week just because I would have such bad panic attacks from everything that was going on.”

Landon had hinted at being in the hospital in August 2022 when he posted an image of his medical bracelet.

The 'Death of California' singer told People that he only consumes alcohol in moderation at present.

“I think 100 percent it’s important for me to not make that a habit again. I always tell myself, ‘I’ll only drink on special occasions now.’ I just steer away from everything,” he added.

Tags news