Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Life hacked! Rapper Remy Ma claims she's just 35 as she discounts years spent in prison and Covid-19

2023-06-03 17:55
'I appreciate all of y'all coming to my 35th birthday. I don't f*****g count the ones when I was in prison,' said Remy Ma
Life hacked! Rapper Remy Ma claims she's just 35 as she discounts years spent in prison and Covid-19

JERSEY CITY, NEW JERSEY: Remy Ma had a lavish birthday celebration on Wednesday, May 31 complete with a star-studded party and an age reveal. Ma revealed that this year, even though she would have been 43, she was actually 35. Ma's birthday celebration, which had a Great Gatsby theme, was held in the exclusive Casa De Lobo restaurant for members in New Jersey.

Ma was wearing a champagne colored, embroidered gown, and she finished her look with a fluffy scarf and head jewelry, according to Vibe. Her 45-year-old husband Papoose, who also posted a video of Mase on Instagram to express his appreciation for the musician, surprised her with the celebration. The hip-hop singer stunned the audience by performing his 1997 single 'What You Want', which featured Total.

'I appreciate all of y'all coming to my 35th birthday'

Ma gave a statement of gratitude to everyone present as she said, "When they told me they were doing like a dinner party for me, I just thought it was crazy because y'all know I really don't like nobody at all. I was like, 'Who’s gonna be there?' I really don't like nobody at all," according to Vibe.

Ma continued, "But everybody who's in here, I genuinely love and I have love for. Ya'll know I f**k with ya'll. I got everybody in here number. We call, text, we talk s**t... so I appreciate all of y'all coming to my 35th birthday. I don't f*****g count the ones when I was in prison, and I don't count the ones from Covid."

'I don't count the years I was a teenager'

Ma's remark on not including a certain period of her life in her age has received a massive reaction on Twitter. One person wrote, "Life hack: If you about to die you can go to prison to stop time." Another person wrote, "I spent 24 hours in jail before. Does that mean I'm 24 hours younger then I really am?" A third person wrote, "I don't count the years I was a teenager." This other person wrote, "I don't really care how old she is but I still would take her to the Freaky Freeway and get down to business... age is just a number, remember that."

This article contains remarks made on the internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.