Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Britney Spears get an apology after being slapped? Singer slams radio station for saying she 'deserved to be smacked'

2023-07-12 18:52
'No woman ever deserves to be hit,' Britney Spears said after she slammed the radio station for saying security was 'doing their job'
Did Britney Spears get an apology after being slapped? Singer slams radio station for saying she 'deserved to be smacked'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Britney Spears is reprimanding the radio channel that infamously commented that the 41-year-old ‘Toxic’ singer “deserved to be smacked” by the security guard of NBA phenom Victor Wembanyama. Spears recorded a video from the living room of her Los Angeles home, where she said that she is “addressing” the issue as the radio station was “talking smack” about the incident.

Slamming the channel, the Grammy-winner said in the video on Tuesday, July 11, “I heard on the news this radio station talking smack and talking s**t that's why I'm addressing it. Saying that I deserve to be smacked. Security was 'doing their job and protecting their client.’” Reiterating from one of her previous posts, the ‘Oops! I Did It Again’ songstress continued, “I've been with the most famous people in the world. *NSYNC at one time. Girls would like literally throw themselves at them…”

She shared an anecdote and said, “I was knocked down by like three 12-year-olds trying to get my picture. My security not one time touched them or even came near them.” She accepted without hesitation that she didn’t like anyone saying she “deserved to be hit.” The singer continued, “Point being is I didn't appreciate the people saying that I deserved to be hit,” stressing, “Because no woman ever deserves to be hit.” However, it is not clear yet to which radio station Spears was referring to.

In a separate post, Spears also announced the release date of 'The Woman in Me' as October 24, 2023.

Did Britney Spears get an apology from Victor Wembanyama?

She said again in the video that she tapped the San Antonio Spurs player on the shoulder. Spears' version matches the footage of the incident released by TMZ. Wembanyama, on the other hand, said he was grabbed by an unknown person from the back after which his security reacted.

The ‘Toxic Pony’ songstress continued, “I simply tapped him on the back and I was backhanded, hit my face, came back on the floor. My best friend picked me up and held me.” Spears also accepted that she received an apology from the security guard, but has not yet received a “public apology”. She continued, “'And I did get an apology at my table 30 minutes later. But I have yet to receive a public apology.”

'Victor Wembanyama said that he’s probably going to 'disappear from the media''

Justin Russo, who independently covers basketball and LA Clippers, tweeted on Monday, July 10, that Wembanyama is ready to “disappear” from the media galore for the upcoming few months. Russo shared, “Victor Wembanyama said that he’s probably going to “disappear from the media” for the next few months during the offseason in order to enjoy a vacation and life away from basketball before it kicks off again,” as per New York Post.

The NBA star probably made this statement after Sunday’s game on July 9 against Portland Trail Blazers, where he said that he would probably be removing himself from media eyes and taking a vacation in the offseason. Now, it remains to be seen whether Spears receive the much-coveted apology from Wembanyama's side before his disappearance.