Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Ghosts of texts past: 'Today' host Sheinelle Jones recalls embarrassing group chat mishap that still haunts her

2023-11-25 15:45
Sheinelle Jones leaves 'Today' co-hosts in splits as she recalls hilarious group chat blunder
Ghosts of texts past: 'Today' host Sheinelle Jones recalls embarrassing group chat mishap that still haunts her

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Sheinelle Jones recently recounted a humorous yet embarrassing incident involving a group text she mistakenly sent with the 'Today' team, an incident that still leaves her 'horrified.'

In a recent 'Today' broadcast, co-hosts Al Roker, Craig Melvin, Dylan Dreyer, and Jones engaged in a discussion about group chat etiquette.

Jones disclosed the most embarrassing group text mishap she experienced, wherein she inadvertently sent a picture of the host's backside in a one-piece bathing suit.

This incident occurred following Jones' recent absence from the 'Today' show during the 'Today 3rd Hour' segment when she was temporarily replaced by Dylan Dreyer.

‘Today’ host Sheinelle Jones recalls embarrassing group text that ‘horrified’ her

Sheinelle Jones found herself in an embarrassing situation when discussing her group chats with the ‘Today’ team on the November 24 episode.

During a conversation about group chat dos and don'ts with Al Roker, Craig Melvin, and Dylan Dreyer, Jones shared a cringe-worthy story.

She quipped, “Oh, I have a true story!”

The mother-of-three shared a humorous anecdote about a vacation with her girlfriends to a sunny destination, where an unexpected situation unfolded. During a pool outing in her new swimsuit, one friend complimented her on how good her buttocks looked.

Jones recalled, “So, she took a picture,” prompting raised eyebrows from Roker and a sense of anticipation among the co-hosts.

Dreyer exclaimed she already knew how the story would end, but Melvin encouraged, “I don’t. Keep going!”

Jones continued, explaining, “She was trying to tell me because I’m so self-conscious, she’s like, ‘You’re fine.’”

The twist came when Jones clarified that the photo her friend took was solely a close-up of her butt in the one-piece bathing suit, adding a humorous element to the poolside incident.

She shared, “I sent it to the mom chat group at school,” eliciting laughter from the co-hosts.

Jones admitted, “I died. I was horrified.”

Roker responded to the texting mishap with a series of jokes, humorously remarking, "You know I’m Christian because I’m turning the other cheek," emphasizing the play on words with a literal "butt dial."

In an attempt to downplay the embarrassment, Jones revealed that she swiftly sent an apology text to the group chat.

She recalled receiving amusing responses from some mothers, including a surprised "Whoa!"

Dreyer inquired, “Didn’t you try to fix it by saying I meant to send it to my husband?”

Jones confirmed that the other mothers' responses were along the lines of, "No, that’s even worse!"

Expressing continued mortification, she couldn't believe she had just recounted the incident on television.

She leaned on the table, covering her eyes with her hands, while Melvin playfully pretended to have a shovel, comically portraying her metaphorically digging herself into a deeper hole.

Roker promptly concluded the amusing discussion, remarking, "You know it’s bad when our producers in our ears are going, ‘Wrap up! Wrap!’"

In the course of their conversation, the four ‘Today’ co-hosts revealed that they were part of a group chat.

Roker mentioned that he typically sends numerous gifs, while Melvin humorously added that the only effective way to get him to cease is by responding with a gif featuring the weatherman.

Sheinelle Jones gets teary-eyed reading letters

Earlier this month, Sheinelle Jones broke down in tears while reading touching letters from her ‘Today’ family before embarking on the New York City marathon.

She received an outpouring of love from her co-hosts and read heartfelt letters that nearly had her ‘choked up’.

Jones read, “S. Jones, I’ve never been prouder of you, my friend. May all the things you’re dealing with right now be the wind at your back for the next 26.2. Crush it. Love, Craig.”

She replied, “Thank you, guys. Oh, my goodness gracious. I can’t do the ugly cry yet.”