Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'CBS Mornings' host Gayle King and Charles Barkley's CNN talk show 'King Charles' not canceled despite rumors

2023-08-15 13:56
'King Charles' intends to keep it versatile and not stick to a specific format, taking on anything and everything that the hosts may find interesting
'CBS Mornings' host Gayle King and Charles Barkley's CNN talk show 'King Charles' not canceled despite rumors

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The TV and film industry in Hollywood is currently getting upturned on its head every now and then. Not all is to be blamed on the double ongoing strikes that have seriously affected the future of the industry.

The executives have been struggling to keep up with the pace of trends and several networks have seen major structural changes in their positions of power. CNN had to recently let go of their former CEO Chris Licht, which led to even more unexpected modifications across the network.

Fortunately for Gayle King and Charles Barkley, the collaboration talk show of the 'CBS Mornings' host and former basketball player is safe from any unforeseen issues.

What is 'King Charles'?

In April of 2023, it was announced that the CBS host King and Barkley would join hands to do a new primetime show for CNN. The two personalities had also revealed what they had intended for the show which was cleverly named after each of their names.

While it will take the form of the usual talk show reporting and discussing everything going on in the now, Barkley emphasized that he wants "the show to be nonpolitical" in an interview with CNN.

King added her own words about the show, saying, "I think that decorum and courtesy and kindness always work. But everybody I know has an opinion on something. We just need to figure out a way to have a good conversation without tearing each other down. And I think we can do that.”

'King Charles' intends to keep it versatile and not stick to a specific format, taking on anything and everything that the two hosts might find interesting.

CNN to follow the same schedule for 'King Charles'

A lot was chalked up to uncertainties relating to Licht's departure which caused many projects to be closed or left unopened.

Alongside King and Barkley, Licht was the brains behind the primetime talk show. But unlike the other projects which the former CEO was overlooking, 'King Charles' survived the transition the network is currently making.

Barkley had previously revealed that many were shocked to find him joining a sinking ship like this talk show on a network like CNN which is not exactly a great way to kick off a career in news hosting.

But it was Barkley's insistence that kept it alive. "I'm looking forward to it," he said, adding, "Gayle is awesome."

'King Charles' is set to air every Wednesday night at 9 pm.