Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Billie Eilish gets candid about facing online hate as body-shaming remarks still 'hurt' her feelings: 'I've had a rough time'

2023-06-24 15:45
Billie Eilish tries to cope with the body-shaming comments by taking warm baths, enjoying walks with her dogs, and surrounding herself with friends
Billie Eilish gets candid about facing online hate as body-shaming remarks still 'hurt' her feelings: 'I've had a rough time'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Despite her immense success, Grammy-winning star, Billie Eilish, has candidly admitted that online critics and body-shamers can still affect her emotions and mental health. The 21-year-old artist shared her experience in an interview, revealing the "rough time" she has faced while dealing with hurtful comments.

To cope with the negativity, the Los Angeles-born singer redirects her attention to self-care activities such as taking warm baths, spending quality time with friends, and walking her dogs. In an effort to protect her mental well-being, Eilish removed social media apps from her phone in March.

‘It’s tough, man’

Living in the public eye, Eilish has long grappled with her body image. In the earlier stages of her career, she reportedly chose to wear big, baggy clothes to preserve her privacy, stating that she didn't want the world to know everything about her.

"It’s tough, man," she admits in the fashion magazine. "Honestly, nobody can say anything about my body that I don’t have a stronger opinion about. I also think that if I was younger, like if the internet talked about me the way they do now when I was like 11, I don’t think I would be able to exist, to be honest," she told Vogue. She explained that by concealing her appearance, she could prevent others from forming opinions based solely on her outward appearance. She added, “I like myself more than I used to, and I’m more interested in how I feel than how they feel. But then also that might be a load of bullshit because it still hurts my feelings like a son of a b***h.”

'I play a lot of games on my phone'

To cope with it, “I like to take baths,” she says. “Honestly, I play a lot of games on my phone, and it makes me feel really good.” She also likes hanging out with her family, and animals. “Dogs, big dogs…like if I’m around big dogs, I’m chill,” she says. “But it’s really hard, you know? I’ve had a rough time, TBH, and I’m still figuring it out. But it’s definitely a weird life; I’ll say that.”

'I changed and am a sellout'

However, more recently, Eilish has opted for body-conscious clothing, expressing frustration that no matter how she chooses to present herself, she cannot seem to please her detractors. In a May Instagram story, she addressed the criticism she faced, sharing her journey of being judged for being boyish in the past and now being labeled a 'sellout' when she embraces more feminine or fitted styles.

"I spent the first five years of my career getting absolutely obliterated by you fools for being boyish and dressing how I did & constantly being told I'd be hotter if I acted like a woman. And now when I feel comfortable enough to wear anything remotely feminine or fitting, I changed and am a sellout. I can be both," she said.

Billie Eilish's vulnerability and resilience in the face of online criticism serve as a reminder of the challenges many individuals face in navigating public scrutiny while striving to remain true to themselves.