Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Lizzo under fire from Swifties after saying singer 'isn't comparable to Beyonce'

2023-06-30 20:45
Taylor Swift is currently captivating audiences with her enthralling Eras Tour while Beyonce is astounding fans with her awe-inspiring Renaissance Tour
Lizzo under fire from Swifties after saying singer 'isn't comparable to Beyonce'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Taylor Swift is currently captivating audiences with her enthralling Eras Tour, where she unveils her artistic growth and shares the various chapters of her musical journey. Simultaneously, Beyonce is astounding fans with her awe-inspiring Renaissance Tour, a grand spectacle that transcends mere entertainment.

Meanwhile, Lizzo recently found herself in the midst of a backlash from devoted Swifties, who interpreted some of her latest comments as a deliberate slight towards Swift. During a recent Instagram live, Lizzo said, "The most popular person of today ain't even comparable to what Beyonce is doing." The statement, dripping with implicit criticism, sent shockwaves through social media, leaving fans stunned by the alleged shade thrown at Swift.

'She's shading Tay'

One fan commented, "Why's lizzo comparing two legendary women? she isnt even on their level." Another said, "Ofc shes acting like this but back in 2019, when she got big Taylor was all over her hyping her up and now shes shading Tay. fake woman…"

'Reminding me of Kanye'

Some fans drew comparisons to the infamous 2010 MTV Video Music Awards incident when Kanye West interrupted Swift's acceptance speech, arguing that Beyonce deserved the award for having one of the best music videos of all time. "I don’t know what it is this is honestly reminding me of one Kanye said Beyonce 'had one of the best music video' like it’s not just based on music it’s based on your whole persona what you put in the media," said a fan. Another agreed, saying, "Y’all don’t understand it from a swifties pov because of what Kanye did to support b at the 2009 vam that’s why ppl are mad but yeah i love me my Taylor and queen b."

'No need to bring down others and compare successful women'

A user tried to defend Lizzo saying, "I just think her word choice was poor, ‘no one’s comparing right now’, well yeah, they are, because taylor is on stage for FOUR HOURS while beyonce is for only 2.5 I believe. which isnt a problem, until you start saying theres no comparison because there most definitely is." Another found Lizzo's comments unnecessary, saying, "What she said was unnecessary she should've just praise beyonce no need to say all that. Taylor, SZA are both touring right now and they're both very talented artists in their own right no need to bring down others and compare successful women to each other."

However, some pointed out that Lizzo did not mention Taylor Swift by name, suggesting that the comparison to Beyonce was not specifically targeted at Swift. They argued that it was a general statement highlighting Beyonce's exceptional impact and influence in the music industry, rather than a direct criticism of Swift's achievements. "Lizzo wasn’t shading Taylor. She just said her opinion (which I agree with). Plus, Taylor isn’t the only popular artist touring rn (SZA and The Weeknd are also touring). Swifties need to chill," said one, while another said, "This clearly isn't about Taylor lol." A third agreed, saying, "Y’all just say anything. (You know) damn well this ain’t have nothing to do with taylor."

Renaissance Tour to earn more than Eras Tour

According to Forbes, earlier predictions estimated that Beyonce's Renaissance Tour could generate ticket revenues ranging from $275 million to an astonishing $2.4 billion by the time it concludes in September. In comparison, Swift's Eras Tour had a projected maximum box office revenue of $1.9 billion.