Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Paige Spiranac's fans extend support as she claps back at wardrobe critics, says ‘my body, my choice’

2023-08-14 18:15
In a recent segment of the 'Up & Adams' show hosted by Kay Adams, Paige Spiranac explained what she thought about people criticizing her golf outfits
Paige Spiranac's fans extend support as she claps back at wardrobe critics, says ‘my body, my choice’

WHEAT RIDGE, COLORADO: Paige Spiranac, a prominent golf influencer boasting a follower count exceeding a million across various social media platforms, has garnered fame for her fearless and outspoken viewpoints, particularly in the realm of fashion.

Despite her notable reputation for golf, she is no stranger to encountering detractors who take issue with her choice of attire. Her inclination towards bold and daring outfits has attracted significant attention, particularly when on the golf course.

Recently, she attracted significant attention as she donned pale green bottoms, which many considered very short, paired with a bikini while playing golf, a choice that made headlines after she posted the clip on her Instagram story.

In a recent interview conducted by sportscaster Kay Adams, Paige Spiranac was prompted to discuss the criticisms she has encountered for her choice of "sexy" outfits. Responding resolutely, she countered these critiques by asserting, "My body, my choice."

Paige Spiranac fires back at wardrobe critics

In a recent segment of the 'Up & Adams' show hosted by Kay Adams, Spiranac engaged in an expansive interview, touching upon diverse aspects of her golf career.

Her personality shone through as she candidly expressed her views on a range of topics, such as a Battle of the Sexes version of 'The Match', the influence of memes, and the significance of expanding the sport's appeal to a broader demographic.

Particularly striking was Spiranac's response to wardrobe critics as it stirred significant interest among her fans. In response to Adams' inquiry about how she navigates criticism, Spiranac confidently addressed the matter.

The official Twitter account of 'Up & Adams' shared a video clip featuring the interview between Adams and Spiranac. Accompanying the clip was a caption that read, “It’s my body, it’s my choice and I can choose what I want to wear… You can still respect and uphold the tradition of the game.”

It further added, “@PaigeSpiranac doesn’t plan on conforming to golfs old-school traditions and is staying true to her authentic self.”

Firstly, Spiranac addressed her background in gymnastics before entering the realm of golf. As she ventured into golf, she faced a challenge—lacking the means to acquire what some might consider a suitable golf attire.

"I was a competitive gymnast before I switched over to golf and so I was so comfortable being in leotards. And when I started playing golf, I didn't have enough money to go out and buy a whole new “golf-appropriate” wardrobe,” she explained.

She further added, “I would often wear athletic outfits that I had in my closet and that was leggings and tank tops. and that's how I learned the game of golf–on public golf courses where there wasn't a strict dress code."

Spiranac further started talking about viral attention for her golf endeavors, "I was just showing my swing but because I was wearing clothes that weren't deemed, you know, golf-appropriate, people lost their minds.”

She further claimed to follow her own ‘choice’, "It's just how I feel best. I've always dressed this way. I like being sexy - that's how I feel most confident. There are definitely times I play it up on social media but it’s my body, it’s my choice, and I can choose what I want to wear."

She reiterated, “This is how I feel most comfortable,” adding, ”And I think people are scared to get into the game of golf because it can be very stuffy and it can be not very welcoming at times."

Spiranac emphasized that her attire has no bearing on her performance in the game of golf. She underscored the significance of her genuine passion for golf and maintained her respect for the sport, regardless of the opinions put forth by her critics.

"You can still respect and you can uphold the tradition of the game – it doesn't have to be all about your wardrobe,” she stated, later declaring, “I'm not promoting this, I'm just talking and sharing my personal story and that's what I try to do on social media."

She concluded, “It's all being authentic to myself and this is what is authentic to me.”

Netizens divided over Paige Spiranac's outfits

After watching the interview with Paige Spiranac regarding her outfits, fans took to the comment section to share their views. One fan said, "She has a bunch of good takes. Best one, it can be very stuffy but they accepted me..."

Another fan wrote, "Don't ever be afraid to be yourself dress how you want and what makes you feel comfortable with yourself, don't worry about what others think. It's your life live it how you want to, bottom line do what makes you happy."

A third user commented, "You gotta be yourself at all times. Both of you ladies show that." However, not everyone was as supportive as this.

One critic wrote, "No self respect and completely comfortable with objectifying herself in the name of faux “choice”. If devaluing and sexualizing your existence is being your authentic self your mind is reprobate." Another user also trolled her, saying, "Even better muted."

Tags news