Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Grimes accuses Elon Musk and Shivon Zilis of 'tearing her family apart'

2023-09-08 18:19
Grimes and Elon Musk, who share two children named X and Y, separated in March 2022
Grimes accuses Elon Musk and Shivon Zilis of 'tearing her family apart'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Popstar Grimes, 35, is aiming guns at her billionaire ex Elon Musk, 52, and the mother of his twins Shivon Zilis, 37.

The ‘Genesis’ songstress took to the Musk-owned social media platform to attack the Tesla CEO for keeping their three-year-old son X from her, per Page Six.

While responding to Elon Musk’s biographer Walter Isaacson’s post sharing Musk’s photo with Shivon Zilis and their twins on X (formerly known as Twitter), Grimes wrote, “Tell Shivon to unblock me and tell Elon to let me see my son or plz respond to my lawyer.”

Referring to the twins, who are named Strider and Azure, Grimes commented on the post, "I have never even been allowed to see a photo of these children until this moment, despite the situation utterly ripping my family apart.”

The SpaceX CEO secretly welcomed the twins with Zilis in November 2021. However, their birth did not make the news until July 2022.

On the other hand, the Canadian singer Grimes, whose real name is Claire Elise Boucher, and Musk were first linked in April 2018 following an appearance at the Met Gala. In May 2020, the couple welcomed their first child together, a son by the name of "X AE A-XII", or X in short.

In 2021, Grimes and Musk split briefly but reconciled again and welcomed their daughter Y via surrogate in December 2021, just a few weeks after the birth of the twins. In an interview with Vanity Fair, Grimes revealed the child is named Exa Dark Sideræl.

The billionaire and the singer broke up again in 2022.

Why did Elon Musk and Grimes break up?

The Neuralink founder and the ‘Oblivion’ singer broke up a few times before separating in 2022. In September 2021, Musk shared with Page Six, "We are semi-separated but still love each other, see each other frequently and are on great terms.”

He cited the distance between their residences as one of the causes of their split. He said, "It's mostly that my work at SpaceX and Tesla requires me to be primarily in Texas or traveling overseas and her work is primarily in LA.”

However, he added, "She's staying with me now and Baby X is in the adjacent room."

In her Vanity Fair cover story of April 2022, Grimes admitted that she and Musk were back together. She told the publication’s Devin Gordon that their relationship was "fluid."

She shared, "There's no real word for it. I would probably refer to him as my boyfriend, but we're very fluid.”

She added, "We live in separate houses. We're best friends. We see each other all the time… We just have our own thing going on, and I don't expect other people to understand it."

Grimes continued, "This is the best it's ever been," before adding, "We just need to be free."

However, on the day the issue of Vanity Fair was released, Grimes revealed that they broke up again saying, "Me and E have broken up *again* since the writing of this article haha, but he's my best friend and the love of my life, and my life and art are forever dedicated to The Mission now, I think Devin wrote that part of the story rly well. Sique - peace out.”

Elon Musk is ‘training the boy’

In the same Vanity Fair interview, Grimes said that while she was training their baby girl, Musk was training X. She said, “The best situation here is me training the girl and him training the boy.”

Elsewhere, she added, “I think E is really seeing him as a protege and bringing him to everything and stuff.…”

Who is Shivon Zilis?

Shivon Zilis is a Canadian venture capitalist who welcomed a pair of twins with Elon Musk in November 2021.

She is the Project Director at the Office of the CEO at Neuralink along with being an advisor to OpenAI.