Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Mark Zuckerberg tweets for first time in 11 years after Instagram Threads launch, Internet responds with memefest

2023-07-06 20:25
'Elon just booked a cage for the fight after he saw this tweet!' a Twitter user wrote
Mark Zuckerberg tweets for first time in 11 years after Instagram Threads launch, Internet responds with memefest

MENLO PARK, CALIFORNIA: Meta founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg has returned to Twitter 11 years after he last tweeted from his official handle "@finkd." The tweet came after Zuckerberg announced the launch of Instagram Threads, a "text-based conversation app," developed by Meta in direct competition with Elon Musk's Twitter.

The new social media platform, described as "an open and friendly public space for conversation," has already been dubbed as the "Twitter killer app" as several internet users believe that people will now move from Twitter to Threads in favor of the new social networking service. Meta CEO Zuckerberg also poked fun at the situation by sharing a famous 'Spider-Man' meme, referring to the similarities between Twitter and Threads.

Also Read: Coco Lee's haunting final post leaves fans in tears as they mourn her death after suicide attempt

'I've made my choice, sir'

Zuckerberg's tweet in the wake of the launch of Instagram Threads sparked immediate memefest online. Several social media users took to Twitter to react to the post with a barrage of hilarious memes. "I've made my choice, sir," one user wrote with a Threads vs Twitter version of the Spider-Man meme. "Now this getting interesting," added another with a meme of Kermit the frog having popcorn. "Let's go!" a third added with a poster indicating a fight between Zuckerberg vs Musk.

Also Read: When did Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's defamation trial end? Source claims actor has 'closed the chapter' amid career revival

Many other Twitter users also continued to share memes to react to Zuckerberg's tweet.

Also Read: Why did Beyonce cancel the Pittsburgh stop of Renaissance Tour? Disappointed fans demand an apology from singer

'I can’t believe Mark actually tweeted this'

Some social media users also replied to Zuckerberg's tweet, sharing their own reactions to the 'Spider-Man' meme. "I can’t believe Mark actually tweeted this, this is hilarious," one wrote. "Mark Zuckerberg just made his first tweet in 11 years and it’s a shade to Twitter Really interesting times ahead!" another added. "Mark is here after scrapping Twitter data to create an event for Threads launch," one said. "This is actually hilarious! Genius tactic if I might add but hilarious. Something tells me man had to try to enter his password a couple times since he doesn't use this account much and probably has a lurker account he uses to fly under the radar," 'Commit You Code!' podcast host Danny Thompson mentioned.

"First tweet in 11 years. Savage," a fifth user commented. "When did u get so funny," Mr Beast asked. One said, "11.5 years joke setup, love it!" while another added, "Elon just booked a cage for the fight after he saw this tweet!"

More from MEAWW

Will MrBeast become Threads' CEO? YouTuber surpasses Mark Zuckerberg's follower count on 'Twitter killer' app, fans ask 'can I have feastables'

How long has Heather Locklear been sober? Actress denies drinking allegations, friends say she is 'lucid' and 'doing great'